Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231550)

JordanIB 10-08-2006 11:04 PM

***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

A replay of 2000.

Looks like the Mets rotation will be Glavine/Maine/Trachsel/Perez, unless Willie decides it's better to keep Trachsel at home and on regular rest.

What's the Cards rotation gonna be? Carpenter in Game 2 on short rest, or Game 3 on extended rest?

Looking forward to it!

LET'S GO METS GO!

Flip_Dog 10-08-2006 11:10 PM

Re: ***Official 2006 NLCS Cards v. Mets Thread***

I'm guessin Weaver. Suppan. Carp. Reyes.

No Timo or Oddjob this time and the Cards got #5

niss 10-08-2006 11:14 PM

Can someone tell me why Perez starts ahead of Dave Williams? I like Perez a lot -- for next year. But I don't think you want to take the chance of him starting a game in the NLCS unless you're up 3-0; and if he gets pounded and has to be pulled in the first couple of innings, you could damage the guy long term. With one exception, Dave Williams gave the Mets everything they should need in this series: 5 to 7 innings, 3 or 4 runs.

hedxcold 10-08-2006 11:16 PM

i don't think they'll start trachsel at home, his road stats are alot better

MEbenhoe 10-08-2006 11:16 PM

lets go........cards?

JordanIB 10-08-2006 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it too early to be salivating over the thought of Reyes, Beltran, Delgado, Green, Chavez, Valentin, and possibly Floyd lineup up from the left side against Weaver in a rockin' Shea for Game 1?

JordanIB 10-08-2006 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me why Perez starts ahead of Dave Williams? I like Perez a lot -- for next year. But I don't think you want to take the chance of him starting a game in the NLCS unless you're up 3-0; and if he gets pounded and has to be pulled in the first couple of innings, you could damage the guy long term. With one exception, Dave Williams gave the Mets everything they should need in this series: 5 to 7 innings, 3 or 4 runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a matter of going with the "stuff". I suppose Willie/Omar's thinking is that they can catch lightning in a bottle with Perez and he can potentially go out there and throw a gem. If he's shaky early, they can do as they did in Games 1 and 3 vs. the Dodgers.

I know Williams was solid in the regular season, but I put the chances of him imploding about even with those for Perez.

niss 10-08-2006 11:24 PM

I think it's a terrible move. Perez was pretty bad, with one notable exception. The Mets don't need a 14-strikeout shutout. They need 5 innings, 3 runs. Perez isn't going to give them that. He's either going to be lights out, or get lit up; and unfortunately the latter is more likely. Williams was much more steady, and choosing Perez over him does not make sense to me.

djj6835 10-08-2006 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the Cards rotation gonna be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno but I do know that Ankiel should definitely be in there.

mother_brain 10-08-2006 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No Timo or Oddjob this time and the Cards got #5

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought reyes wasnt on the roster?