Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   I have a plan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553094)

betgo 11-24-2007 12:13 PM

Re: I have a plan

I like the play. Good to represent aces, and this is a perfect hand for this play.

gobboboy 11-24-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh. usually i just assume they are stupid. i understand where you're coming from ( i have tried this before) but I don't think it really works in practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weezey Baby 11-27-2007 11:02 PM

I don't really like the play with the amount of chips you have. This is going to leave you with ten BB if the play doesn't work. I understand that he is probably opening with the top 20% of hands but you need to hit in order for this to work and with no one else in the hand I do not see you coming out on top in this. How did you end up?

betgo 11-27-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like the play with the amount of chips you have. This is going to leave you with ten BB if the play doesn't work. I understand that he is probably opening with the top 20% of hands but you need to hit in order for this to work and with no one else in the hand I do not see you coming out on top in this. How did you end up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his plan is not to fold if he misses, but to bluff or semibluff in the right situations, representing AA/KK or atleast a middle pp.

registrar 11-28-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to hit in order for this to work and with no one else in the hand I do not see you coming out on top in this. How did you end up?

[/ QUOTE ]

If no one else comes in, stack sizes mean that I can push with FE if he bets or bet/fold if he checks. Hitting my hand is a bonus.

Results are that BB called with Q5s and check-shoved when we both flopped middle pair, which was really annoying. OR checked and then folded pretty quickly.

Requin 11-28-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to do this vs someone who knows you well not vs an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]And you probably just blew your chances of ever pulling this off again [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

You need a bunch of assumptions ot be right here and you need to be almost 100% sure of them beofer you try this

Weezey Baby 11-29-2007 12:16 AM

I don't think that a flop bluff is going to work in this position becasue both players are generally committed. You really need a small percentage of cards in order to get your right position in order to bluff the flop. I think that you just fold this and play on because you need to hit this in order to win the hand i believe.

d2themfi 11-29-2007 12:19 AM

flatting with AA and KK here probably wouldnt even be the best play let alone 56s

betgo 12-01-2007 01:26 PM

I thought about this and I think it is way too much of an in joke. Certain 2+2er types think flat calling is bad here, but might do it with a big pair to trap.

There are some problems with it. First of all random players often have no problem calling off a big chunk of their stacks.

Also, flat calling here with AA/KK is a pretty bad play, because the early position raiser often calls a push, and if he folds, you get an acceptable result picking up a sizable pot.

Also, flat calling here with AQs or 99 or something like that is not a terrible play. It certainly is a lot better than flat calling with AA/KK or 65s for that matter.

So the point is that only flat calling with AA/KK does not make a lot of sense even if there are certain pro players who do that, and there is no reason the raiser will put you on a big pair.

He will probably assume you have a quality hand. 65s is deceptive and sometimes hits or makes a draw you can semibluff with, but the call is still probably cEV-.