Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AT, turned trips but opponent is fighting back (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555744)

sfetaz 11-27-2007 05:41 PM

AT, turned trips but opponent is fighting back

Opponent is moderate aggression preflop and postflop and about 20% VP$P

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

fretelöo 11-27-2007 05:48 PM

Re: AT, turned trips but opponent is fighting back

If someone 3bets pf and doesn't c-bet, alarm bells should ring. If he then c/r the turn, you can assume he beats TP. Everything after the turn 3bet is spew. What do you think you're beating?

neurotiq 11-27-2007 06:04 PM

This looks like a slow-played QQ to me. I don't really like going nuts here and would just call down.

tyler_cracker 11-27-2007 06:08 PM

xhad theorem says he has a monster after the turn c/r.

your turn 3bet is bad enough, but that river raise is lol. zomg you "improved"!

Sarge85 11-27-2007 06:37 PM

I don't know that the turn three bet is so bad. Yeah were behind specifically QQ, but that's it. AA and KK could feasibly play it this way as well.

I pop the turn, and if he keeps coming then I might slow down.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bona 11-27-2007 06:40 PM

If we put villain on a preflop 3-bet range of JJ+, AKo, and AKs.

The only hand in that range that beats us is QQ. There is a hand or three that beat us that aren't in that range but would he have 3 bet preflop w any of them?

There is at least a chance he might play AA, KK, JJ this way. I dunno know.

Anyway, considering that I think your 3 bet is not awful on the flop but once he caps we have to think we are toast. We probably should not have three bet just because of the cap possibility. Instead just call down from the check raise.

I think you have to be a better player than I am to fold anywhere but I'd be really surprised to win this pot or even to chop it.

LukeSLTS 11-27-2007 06:41 PM

The turn three bet isn't terrible against an idiot but the player you described is tight aggressive so his entire range is pretty much QQ.

Dankenstein 11-27-2007 08:09 PM

:g:
From your read can I put him on a 20/10/2.5 ? Because that's what I play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Preflop is fine

Flop bet is fine.

Turn -
This is where the alarm should go off. You were 3-bet preflop and your opponent who is a moderate player did not c-bet and raised you on the turn. You're probably waay behind here. 3-betting here is really dependent on your opponent, but is ok I guess.

River... I raise here against a Moderate TAG who caps the turn very rarely without a VERY strong read.

bozlax 11-27-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your turn 3bet is bad enough, but that river raise is lol. zomg you "improved"!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everybody's being a little hard on the turn trey. If you can say that Villan would NEVER play AA/KK/JJ/AQs like this, leaving ONLY QQ, then yeah, but do we really think Villan puts Hero on a ten? This could easily be AQ/KQ/QJ from his perspective, and seeing the turn T as well makes it "all the less likely he has a ten."

I agree that the river raise is not so good, tho.

tiltaholic 11-27-2007 11:51 PM

he can also have 44 and maybe QTs too.
if you didn't show the turn cap and stopped the action at your action everyone would say OMGTRIPS3BET.
i think my opinion of the river raise is clouded by the subsequent 3-bet, but i really don't like it.