Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   It seems mediocrity is the rule these days... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548394)

gfire3245 11-18-2007 02:16 AM

Re: It seems mediocrity is the rule these days...

Most sports games too.

Blarg 11-18-2007 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Damn it, what am I going to do in a world where Cabella's Big Game Hunter isn't a game of the year candidate? I was expecting big things out of that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me about it, the AI is terrible, the deer just stand there, well, like deer

[/ QUOTE ]

If the AI get revised and the deer start shooting back, I'm in. Otherwise, it's just not realistic.

Low Key 11-18-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if there aren't enough good games out there right now you've either got too much free time or you won't ever be satisfied.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I just picked up Crysis and COD4, we'll see if the later part of what you say is true. Games like Rears of War, the Half-Life franchise, Bioshock, FEAR(the first one), and World in Conflict can spoil a person and make unrealistic expectations for upcoming games..

[/ QUOTE ]

CoD4? Man, didn't you watch Zero Punctuations review of that? I did, and come to think of it, I'm going to again, since it's so damn funny.

Hey, I just thought of a great phrase! [censored] slap! Good? No? I like it. (the censored word rhymes with 'bunt' and starts with the same letter as the word 'censored', in case anyone is wondering)

Oh crap, that was MoH Airborn, my bad.

fiskebent 11-18-2007 07:19 AM

Wouldn't it violate the rules of math if all games were above average?

jstnrgrs 11-18-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it violate the rules of math if all games were above average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they could just make one REALLY bad game so that all games beside it were above averave.

Bostaevski 11-18-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Games like Rears of War

[/ QUOTE ]

That game sounds awesome

RivaLiva 11-18-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5-6 of the games on that list that are either sequels to successful franchises or in Beowulf's case, an adaptation of a movie. Often games like those are made just for a quick profit for the company using old games as the model. Nothing new and no innovation, hence the low scores.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. Cabella's Big Game Hunter and the Area 51 game are probably made at such a low budget that it doesn't need the ratings that the blockbuster games need to break even. Also there is not a huge market for games like these so they aren't marketed the same.