Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   I wanna get paidddd (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540324)

zizazziza 11-07-2007 11:01 AM

Re: I wanna get paidddd

checkking is terrible. As stated earlier, I think you need to bet slightly more on flop and turn (mostly turn) so that you are left with just a PSB left.

jcm4ccc 11-07-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it bad to check here sometimes? If he has Ax I think he's betting and then we can shove, no?

[/ QUOTE ] How do you decide if this is one of those times to check and one of those times to push? Random feelings? The internet is basically a bunch of people playing each other in the dark, and if there is a play that is clearly the most profitable, why mix it up with plays that are less profitable?

AQ or AJ checks the river most of the time. A check will rarely induce a bluff here, since your opponent appears to have something worth playing. AQ or AJ will call the river push most of the time. You stack AK regardless. A push is clearly more profitable than a check.

Pudge714 11-07-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ or AJ checks the river most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.

Bet like 750 on the turn so river shove is easier. As played I still shove river.

jcm4ccc 11-07-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AQ or AJ checks the river most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol.

Bet like 750 on the turn so river shove is easier. As played I still shove river.

[/ QUOTE ] well, maybe not most of the time, but they will call a push on the river more often than they will bet the river if checked to.

authority11 11-07-2007 12:30 PM

Obv shove.

d2themfi 11-07-2007 01:23 PM

checking the river is absolutely god awful imo. I would also like to make the turn bet a bit bigger to make a shove easier on the river, but now just shove

eBo 11-07-2007 01:47 PM

Strategy tip:

When betting a strong hand on the turn, with the likely possibility of betting again on the river...it's good strategy to pick an appropriate turn bet amount so that the river shove is NOT an overbet. The river shove will then seem like a natural bet, and you will be more likely to get paid off.

So in this hand, it would've been better to bet an extra 100 chips on the turn.

eBo

Cornell Fiji 11-07-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Strategy tip:

When betting a strong hand on the turn, with the likely possibility of betting again on the river...it's good strategy to pick an appropriate turn bet amount so that the river shove is NOT an overbet. The river shove will then seem like a natural bet, and you will be more likely to get paid off.

So in this hand, it would've been better to bet an extra 100 chips on the turn.

eBo

[/ QUOTE ]

very true.

as played, stick it in yo

FLAWless 11-07-2007 02:28 PM

i would shove. If he's callin you on flop and turn then he will probably call the river. nice 5th place finish!

Bill Ivey 11-07-2007 09:01 PM

I thought my turn bet was a bit small, and I see now it would have made the river an easy shove.