Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Poker and Drug Testing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313207)

ilikepoker44 01-23-2007 04:38 PM

Re: Poker and Drug Testing

I guess it didn't get banned.

Anyway, using cocaine or speed would increase your mental alertness during marathon sessions. It's a performance enhancing drug, for poker, and I don't believe it should be allowed. It definitely gives somebody a mental edge.

samsdmf 01-23-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, using cocaine or speed would increase your mental alertness during marathon sessions. It's a performance enhancing drug, for poker, and I don't believe it should be allowed. It definitely gives somebody a mental edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
If its such an edge why dont you do it, se the $$$ rolling in
FWIW im pretty sure beta blockers would provide more of an edge for a lot of people

shag 01-23-2007 04:48 PM

god damn coca cola junkies winning tournaments drinking coca cola... OP Try going on a 3-day cocaine/meth/speed binge and playing a final table at the end.

samsdmf 01-23-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, using cocaine or speed would increase your mental alertness during marathon sessions. It's a performance
enhancing drug, for poker, and I don't believe it should be allowed. It definitely gives somebody a mental edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://drawn--together.tripod.com/si.../mr.mackey.jpg I got you an avatar bro'

Mike Gallo 01-23-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have ever played poker high on coke. Everyone but the player on coke has the edge, trust me on this.

ReptileHouse 01-23-2007 05:09 PM

Is it OK if I drink coffee? The caffeine keeps me awake.

In the interests of fairness, I should point out that I will likely miss a few hands now and then because I'm making trips to the bathroom.

bernie 01-23-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that drug testing should be instituted to not only clean up the game but to level the playing field. If i'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are using speed and coke to stay alert? It's like using steroids in Football and those players should be banned.

What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Maybe they should drug test chess players too.

b

ZPinhead 01-23-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that IQ testing should be instituted to level the playing field. If I'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are measurably smarter than I am. Perhaps alternating ball peen hammer blows to the head and shots of 151 could be used to even out the high IQ players.
What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

88jayhawks 01-23-2007 05:37 PM

i feel leveled...OP can't be serious

GiantWalleye 01-23-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that drug testing should be instituted to not only clean up the game but to level the playing field. If i'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are using speed and coke to stay alert? It's like using steroids in Football and those players should be banned.

What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if doing coke is advantageous and should be banned for making you too alert. I think you should get more starting chips if you like to smoke weed because that makes you less alert. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]