Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Full Tilt .25-.50, A9s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544064)

RobA 11-12-2007 02:39 AM

Full Tilt .25-.50, A9s

If this is too low stakes for this forum, i'm sorry, please move it to the correct place.

I play mid-stakes live. Been working on short-handed stuff lately.

Is this ok? bad? horrendous?

I appreciate comments on all streets.

Unknown raised UTG. I 3-bet next in with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. All fold to UTG who caps.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG bets, I call.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG bets, I raise, UTG 3-bets, I fold.

Thank you for your comments.

kross 11-12-2007 02:54 AM

Re: Full Tilt .25-.50, A9s

Why did you 3-bet an UTG raiser preflop?

Postflop, just call down from the flop.

kimchi 11-12-2007 02:57 AM

How many players is this?

If it's 6-handed, then I'm not 3-betting an unknown from the HJ with A9s. It may be ok at the higher stakes, or at least agianst a player you have a read on.

I'd put an unknown's capping range OOP and UTG to be JJ KQs AQs+. In which case, I think the raise on the turn doesn't really accomplish much except to either fold out hands you're ahead of - JJ, QQ, KQs (maybe TT) and get 3-bet by hands you're behind

shane88888 11-12-2007 02:59 AM

I don't understand the PF 3-bet either. It's not what I would do against an unknown.

Postflop I just call, call, call. Let them fire their JJ or whatever; they always do.

thepizzlefosho 11-12-2007 05:30 AM

pf is probably a fold in this game for rake considerations, unless the UTG raiser is very very LAGGY.

once he caps I'm just calling down, and only betting if checked to on the turn or river. Most players capping range OOP is AKo, AQs+, TT+. against this range you WA/WB, and you should just call down. You want him to keep barreling TT-KK, and not put in excess action if he has an A or better.

thepizzlefosho 11-12-2007 05:33 AM

also if you are free SD raising the turn to try and get to charge TT-JJ with a heart, it isn't worth it. If you ever get bluffed out of the pot it is a disaster, and if the villain has QQ-TT with no heart you just lose action when they fold with the worst hand instead of firing again on the river.

inferno 11-12-2007 06:12 AM

I rather call the turn and call the river oppose to raising the turn

RobA 11-12-2007 12:12 PM

Yes it was 6-max.

I dunno why I played it like I did.

For the past 6-monts when I raise turns without a lot of confidence (i.e., I intutited I was on thin ice before I did it, but I did it anyway) it has invariably turned into a problem.

Thank you guys for your level-headed comments. Just call down here.

thrasher789 11-12-2007 12:27 PM

Definatly just call him down if you really have a read that it's probably you are ahead, becuase now you either got bluffed off when you had the best hand or where going to pay off way too much when behind. The 3-bet PF was probably the worst mistake in this hand though, against most UTG raisers I fold here unless he is crazy or I have some other reason to call but I definalty don't 3- bet A9s without a good reason. Folding when 3-bet on the turn was almost certainly the right move becuase I see very little semi bluffing at .25-.50 for the most part, so you were probably drawing dead to a set or possibly a flush.