Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Wilpro 11-15-2007 10:08 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

990 games 0.040 secs 24,750 games/sec

Board: Qh 6h 2h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 50.202% 50.20% 00.00% 497 0.00 { AdAs }
Hand 1: 49.798% 49.80% 00.00% 493 0.00 { KhQs }

---

[/ QUOTE ]

Was pretty tilted push i guess, knew i would lose coinflip when i saw he had heart. Maybe it's the nagative energy making me lose so much, not sure.

Sean Fraley 11-15-2007 10:19 PM

I haven't been here for a bit, but thought I would drop in for a brief moment to brag/offer encouragement.

On August 26th of this year, I had dropped from a roll of about $1500 at the start of the month to about $110 and was about to give it all up. Luckily I thought I would give the sats to the Sunday Million and Sunday 100k a try and make one last go at becoming a winning player. I won a few and sold the T$ for $670 which was basically the same as getting a little over 20% rakeback for all of the rake I had paid up to that date in one lump sum. I then reread PNL and NLTAP and dove back into 25NL intent on grinding it out and working hard on improving my game.

As of the end of today's session I have $4000 in my roll and tomorrow I take my first shot at 200NL. Not bad for being close to busto less than three months ago.

The point of this is to let all of you guys here who are being roughed up by downswings or are having trouble getting yourself beyond being a shade better than break even that if you take a deep breath and work on it, it will happen. You just have to focus and keep the faith.

PJo336 11-15-2007 10:21 PM

sean what helped u turn it around the most? session reviews? coaching? books? etc.

Wilpro 11-15-2007 10:25 PM

If NLHE stopped after the turn, and there was no such thing as a river, i would be a serious winner. Maybe thats where i am going wrong, playing the wrong game.

Sean Fraley 11-15-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sean what helped u turn it around the most? session reviews? coaching? books? etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that what did it the most was a combination of session reviews and the knowledge available in books and these forums. Really, almost everything you need to learn is here for the taking, the actual difficult part is tracking down what you need to do to improve and then diligently applying it. The session reviews let you find the habits in your game that lose you money, either by getting it in while behind or failing to get it in when doing so will win you money. The next part after this is finding out what the best way to solve these habitual mistakes are and disciplining yourself enough to make the changes. You would be surprised what you can gain from simply taking one night every month and rereading every single last item in the uNL and SSNL stickies. I would also suggest every couple of months taking the time to reread any NL Hold 'Em books that you have. In both these situations things that seemed completely inconsequential to you the last time you read the information are suddenly very applicable to a problem you find yourself constantly confronted with now.

I've not had any coaching yet, but plan on getting some in the next week or so. I think that outside opinions help tremendously.

Ben Young 11-15-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm back to uNL suckas! Mainly because tourney variance sucks , as does triple draw and 5cd. Also I have a bet with a friend who thinks I can't 24-table 5nl for fifteen minutes a week or so from now, without timing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm easy, just fold every hand? that still counts

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah but the bet isnt for like 1k, it's for dinner, still prob worth folding every hand

Mr_Pathetic 11-15-2007 10:56 PM

i agree. that essential sticky is great. i have read everything on there three times at least. session reviews are the bomb too. I go through all my stuff after every session. slowly but surely i am making less and less mistakes across the board.

my biggest problem now is getting the max in the thin spots when I know I am good.

for those that don't know i have had a rough go at nl25 over the last 23k hands. I am beating it for like 2.45PTBB mostly due to poor game selection then changing how aggressive i am postflop. finally over the last 11k hands things are ironing out and I have a decent 5.15PTBB. Had a few really thin spots went my way i would be up a lot more but w/e. over my last 11.8k hands where things are ironing out my biggest losing hand is AA and 99 for two buyins each. followed by 98s and J9s for a buyin each.

Sean Fraley 11-15-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree. that essential sticky is great. i have read everything on there three times at least. session reviews are the bomb too. I go through all my stuff after every session. slowly but surely i am making less and less mistakes across the board.

my biggest problem now is getting the max in the thin spots when I know I am good.

for those that don't know i have had a rough go at nl25 over the last 23k hands. I am beating it for like 2.45PTBB mostly due to poor game selection then changing how aggressive i am postflop. finally over the last 11k hands things are ironing out and I have a decent 5.15PTBB. Had a few really thin spots went my way i would be up a lot more but w/e. over my last 11.8k hands where things are ironing out my biggest losing hand is AA and 99 for two buyins each. followed by 98s and J9s for a buyin each.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hadn't read these for a while and decided to go through them again after 20k hands of break-even at 100NL. Suddenly I was like "so that is how I should handle that" in a lot of circumstances. Once you have one set of problems out of the way, problems that were there but never caught your attention jump right out at you. This is why I really think that they should be reread once a month.

vixticator 11-15-2007 11:10 PM

Heh, got minraised on flop with an overpair (me) and shoved it. Two clubs on board. I have none. Club on turn. Club on river. I went on tilt for a second then I got shipped the pot. Sign of good things to come? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Mr_Pathetic 11-15-2007 11:15 PM

I really think I am going to stop four betting QQ against these tighter players who only three bet 5% of the time. They never ever call with AQ or JJ. It is always 100% AK,AA,KK. I definitely need to stop doing it cause I always lose a damn buyin. Much better to just call them PF if you in position and go from there I think. At least then if an A or K hits you can get away from it.