Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Monster Draw played passively on flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542530)

DavidC 11-09-2007 10:15 PM

Monster Draw played passively on flop

Live 10/20, second lowest limit at the room.

4 players limp, I complete T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], bb checks.

BB is a relatively new player to the room and seems a little too loose and pays maybe a bit too much post-flop. The CO is fairly aggressive and possibly a losing player, seems a bit loose.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 sb)

I check planning to checkraise, bb bets, everyone folds back to me, and I call with a likely equity edge in order to improve my implied odds. Is that reasonable?

ntnBO 11-09-2007 10:20 PM

Re: Monster Draw played passively on flop

No. You pump this flop as hard as you can and trap everybody including the dealer, chip runner, and cocktail girl. How can you not? Your pot equity has to be massive.

BO

kbdunn 11-09-2007 10:24 PM

raise

KitCloudkicker 11-09-2007 10:38 PM

bet the flop.

this flop getting checked around = complete and utter disaster.

slavic 11-09-2007 11:11 PM

If I knew the BB was going to bet the flop, I would go for the check raise.

Otherwise, as long as your putting in bets it's kind of hard to screw this thing up on the flop.

BadBigBabar 11-10-2007 12:32 AM

well it's heads up now right

Ricks 11-10-2007 12:50 AM

I would also check the flop. How often is this going to check through? When you bet you run the risk of getting raised and ending up playing your monster draw HU, loosing all your implied odds. The same thing happened here and you didn't even bet which just happens sometimes. It sucks to have a draw like this and barely be a favorite against any Ace.

Frond 11-10-2007 01:49 AM

Only problem with check raising this is you have no idea who or where a flop bet is coming from. In thoery it would bea good idea if you knew that info. On this flop with an Ace out, a flush draw and a str8 draw I think that if you bet here you are getting a few hanger onners.

As played, I think I just call the BB's flop bet since the pot is so tiny and you have so many outs here. You may be able to trap him for more big bets if you hit one of your cards on the turn.

James. 11-10-2007 02:27 PM

raise pf.

bet the flop.

reutel 11-10-2007 08:21 PM

I am betting the flop. You have an enormous edge. People will call with crap on flops. Let them pay you. I am checking some turns though (very player dependent)