Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   A perfectly played hand of poker... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555822)

ggbman 11-27-2007 07:22 PM

A perfectly played hand of poker...

What else can be done? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kh 7h (two pair, kings and sevens).
MP has 5d 6h (straight, eight high).
Outcome: MP wins 23 BB. </font>

The Lipo Fund 11-27-2007 07:23 PM

Re: A perfectly played hand of poker...

fold preflop

dont you know online poker is rigged?

Phil153 11-27-2007 07:24 PM

I don't play limit but that looks like an amazing fold.

jerseys 11-27-2007 07:26 PM

I'm on a life time LIMIT POKER tilt because stuff like that. I only play NL now.

ImsaKidd 11-27-2007 07:34 PM

Limit is dumb.

You see people calling down Q high, then you fold a ssaerettet wtf THATS A GOODASDF MHAND

DarkMagus 11-27-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ssaerettet

[/ QUOTE ]

lippy 11-27-2007 08:03 PM

Fold is sick bad. But sick nonetheless.

imabigdeal 11-27-2007 08:05 PM

title should be: just another hand of limit hold 'em that reminds me why i'd kill myself if i was forced to play it

Mark the muck 11-27-2007 08:06 PM

rigged?

oh no,how could I say this..

Scansion 11-27-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GOODASDF MHAND

[/ QUOTE ]

ggbman 11-27-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's sick good! DUCY?

grando 11-27-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fuckngsgsagjnsajkg

[/ QUOTE ]

Flintoff 11-27-2007 08:16 PM

I think it's a terrible fold. But nh!

nazahl 11-27-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
title should be: just another hand of limit hold 'em that reminds me why i'd kill myself if i was forced to play it

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Scansion 11-27-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it\'s sick good! DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Results are in white for a reason.

It\'s sick bad, DUCY?

ggbman 11-27-2007 08:26 PM

No I don't, you can feel free to explain. In the meantime, I will stick to my guns and say this is great fold and that I am awesome.

earlytimes1 11-27-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cap flop obv

KitCloudkicker 11-27-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a terrible fold. But nh!

[/ QUOTE ]

flintoff your avatar is so hot

ggbman 11-27-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cap flop obv

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you wouldn't take advantage of your position relative to the 3 bettor and the guy stuck in between you, so you won't get 3 bettor to lead the turn with flush draws, open enders, and Kx type hands which are a HUGE part of his range. Brilliant, I know! Awesome insight like this will be included in some of my future video's for Stoxpoker!!! /shameless plug

Flintoff 11-27-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cap flop obv

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you wouldn't take advantage of your position relative to the 3 bettor and the guy stuck in between you, so you won't get 3 bettor to lead the turn with flush draws, open enders, and Kx type hands which are a HUGE part of his range. Brilliant, I know! Awesome insight like this will be included in some of my future video's for Stoxpoker!!! /shameless plug

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Stox or Bryce make that fold? They'd more likely raise!

ggbman 11-27-2007 09:23 PM

Well, neither of them would 3 bet for sure! I don't know specifically since I don't know how either of them play, their images, how people percieve their images, etc...

But more importantley, hands played at

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed)

Will play with a much different level of aggression than a hand at 1k/2k. Anyway, I'm not going to do an analysis of this hand in BBV, if you would like to X-post it in a strategy forum I might comment there. No two situations in poker are the same, so I mean we can always make generic statements like "never fold this situation etc..." but poker is about correctly assessing the current conditions and variables making the best decision possible with fundamental reasoning skills and your knowledge and interpretation of those variables. So I don't know what other very good players would say about this in a vacuum, but I was there making the assessment and I made the right one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

xjimraketex 11-27-2007 09:28 PM

horrible bet sizing!

first thing you learn is to protect your hand ffs!

btw woulda been so damn hilarious if villains show K7 and 78

ImsaKidd 11-27-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limit is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

wannabe2 11-27-2007 10:08 PM

you could quit limit?

jfish 11-27-2007 10:24 PM

[x] lhe thread worthy of bbv post

PokerSoccer 11-27-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] lhe thread worthy of bbv post

[/ QUOTE ]

hoppscot22 11-27-2007 10:51 PM

[x} results oriented good play that is bad (no offense ggb youre the man)

sg23 11-28-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NLfool 11-28-2007 01:09 AM

ggbman plays goot, but damn Pstars must be rigged against him bad if he's playing 10/20 now. UTG's play is fishy but his river 3 bet seems atrocious

thrasher789 11-28-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play limit but that looks like an amazing fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is for limit but in this spot you know your beat 100% of the time so you just have to save some BB's. Nicely played hand, I'm sure you got that pot back and more from UTG fish.

ggbman 11-28-2007 01:47 AM

Haha it's not THAT rigged against me, I just play lower often if I don't see good higher games going. It's pretty common for me to have 6-8 tables going with limits from 10-20 to 100-200. Money is money, and a good amount of the time i am smart to give up small amounts of $$$ EV for significantly lower variance.

Hop &amp; all others who don't like the fold- I mean it's obviously not a standard thing to do in this spot for me or anyone, which is why I posted in BBV. There are not many circumstances to make this fold, although in my opinion this situation had enough factors to make it a good fold. Like I said if someone wants to x-post this in a strat forum I will address those in more detail. I think strategy should be kept out of BBV, but all those saying this is bad should be to explain why other then just saying that. Once you stop thinking "ZOMG big pot, I have the 3rd nuts I can't fold and actually look at the hand, I am winning pretty much never.

raze 11-28-2007 02:55 AM

Nice man

huh you play $10/20? This is like 10k/20k right?

Alobar 11-28-2007 03:00 AM

gabe rules

that is all