Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   weird postflop situation after some nifty preflop moves (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393975)

DJ Sensei 05-02-2007 07:02 PM

weird postflop situation after some nifty preflop moves

5 handed 10-20.
BB and UTG are both aggressive regulars, and both know me as being one as well. Other reads they may have on me, I dont know.

UTG has $2400, BB has $3900, I have $3200 or so.

UTG opens to $80, I call in the SB with QQ, BB squeezes to $320. UTG calls, I reraise to $860. BB folds, UTG calls again.

Flop comes K 7 2 rainbow (suits are pretty much irrelevant at this point, I think).

Whats my play? The pot is now about $2000, and he has about $1500 behind.

Thoughts on preflop are also welcome, if you can figure out the action [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Also, the actions you'd take in response to different outcomes (like BB shoving or BB folding and UTG shoving)

KRANTZ 05-02-2007 07:06 PM

Re: weird postflop situation after some nifty preflop moves

shove preflop

who are BB and UTG (if this is FTP or Stars?)

i think i'd c/f now that this [censored] happened but i really think the best move is shoving preflop when it gets back to you

DJ Sensei 05-02-2007 07:09 PM

its on bodog, so most of yall probably dont know them.

but, 'incenerator' and 'eturkalu' are BB and UTG, respectively

fslexcduck 05-02-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove preflop

who are BB and UTG (if this is FTP or Stars?)

i think i'd c/f now that this [censored] happened but i really think the best move is shoving preflop when it gets back to you

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with everything krantz says. i like shoving preflop sometimes. but if not, i just call the raise. i really don't like this 4bet to 1/3 with QQ. would like it much better with AA or KK, hey, for exactly this reason!

Eagles 05-02-2007 07:36 PM

The king isn't really a scare card because villain never has AK here. I'm not really sure I guess I just shove because the board is so dry you can probably get looked up by 88-JJ but I don't know.

edit: I don't really like PF the problem is the pot is like 720 and you only make it 540 more which seems way too awkward. I think calling or shoving is best pf.

johnnyrocket 05-02-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The king isn't really a scare card because villain never has AK here. I'm not really sure I guess I just shove because the board is so dry you can probably get looked up by 88-JJ but I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, he would push here with AK i would think so u should be good, ur preflop raise is so nitty, def shove it, this is just awful cuz he will call it every time---postflop u cant just check and give it up, u must lead out and hope for the best

Chaoslord 05-02-2007 07:44 PM

bet 500 call a shove?
i dont play that fancy so i dont get into these situations very often

DLizzle 05-02-2007 07:56 PM

your preflop raise size is like the worst possible size ever isn't it? just shove preflop. Also, if either of them shove over your raise you have to call, no one ever will believe you there. now that you've gotten to the flop i have no idea what to do. I think he can have AK here, and he can also easily have AA or KK. Of course a lot of his range is small-medium pairs too so I dunno. I think its actually close between all available options on the flop.

HIV 05-02-2007 08:40 PM

eturkalu could easily have AK here

Superfluous Man 05-02-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eturkalu could easily have AK here

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I've played a decent amount against eturkalu (albeit not on bodog), and I think he could also easily have JJ-88. Will he call a shove with those? I kind of doubt it with the K on the flop. If you check and he shoves, I think you have to call it. Kind of close.

FWIW I just stick it in pf and avoid all this mess, especially against eturk.