Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   KK vs this board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487644)

Munchkin Mayor 08-27-2007 05:32 PM

KK vs this board

full ring 15-30 game, with usual amount of loose preflop action (meaning four or five players, always).

Villian, on the button, is a donkey who has taken to smooth calling nearly every one of my pre flop raises. On the rare occasion that he had a "big hand" (His definition is Ax or better), he would three bet.

Anyway, I am in middle position and look down at two black Kings. After a one limper, I raise. Of course this is called by the Villian on the button, which immediately brings in BB and SB. Limper calls. Clearly no one has crap.

Flop: Q 10 4 rainbow.

Checked to me, I bet. Villian grabs six chips but thinks better of it and smooth calls. One more caller. Rest fold.

Turn 8, completes the rainbow. Checked to me. I bet. Villian raise. Other guy folds.

Villian is capable of raising here with air or top pair, and certainly with q10 or, god forbid, jack nine.

What do I do?

Captain R 08-27-2007 05:36 PM

Re: KK vs this board

Would he really raise you with air in this sequence?

Just call down, what's the question again?

MitchL 08-27-2007 05:38 PM

Really looks like J9. Could be slowplayed set, but more likely J9. He wanted to raise you on flop for free card, but didnt want to lose customers when he hit his draw. Fold. I dont think anyone in that game is capable of raising air here.

johnnylovescandy 08-27-2007 05:52 PM

i'm never folding this. villain sounds like total moron...

MitchL 08-27-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm never folding this. villain sounds like total moron...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people in this game are loose or aggressive on the flop. They arent capable of big street bluffs w/ air. I have a feeling about who this is and it may be skewing my view, bc this is essential in determining whether he could do this w/ KQ or AQ, which he would not. Also, idiots in this game dont like investing more than 1 bb on a bluff especially on a board this scary.

bellatrix 08-27-2007 05:58 PM

Call down. You're hand is good many times as it's often top pair raising. He can put you on AK, right? Then he thinks is QJ is golden, for example. You can still pair the board to win against QT. In case he got the J9, well, there were still enough bets in the pot to make you call.

How good is your read on this opponent? Has he done the arranging of his chips as if to bet before or was it just in this hand?

bigjoet 08-28-2007 03:12 AM

i think op's question is between 3town and just call down...

ackid 08-28-2007 11:11 AM

calldown

Munchkin Mayor 08-28-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really looks like J9. Could be slowplayed set, but more likely J9. He wanted to raise you on flop for free card, but didnt want to lose customers when he hit his draw. Fold. I dont think anyone in that game is capable of raising air here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitch, would you really fold in this situation? I am not capable of it. Btw, the river was a King. But I was capable of only c/c.

Munchkin Mayor 08-28-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitch, would you really fold in this situation? I am not capable of it. Btw, the river was a King. But I was capable of only c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am not capable of betting my river set and folding to a raise.