Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Playing against a LAG with weak two pair on a paired board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=518077)

yourface 10-09-2007 07:23 PM

Re: Playing against a LAG with weak two pair on a paired board

^^^^^
srsly. vs your hand it is a FTOP mistake for him to fold any 2 cards > 4 on the turn

sethypooh21 10-09-2007 08:26 PM

That's such a weird [censored] line I don't even know what to say.

dbeckham 10-10-2007 03:08 AM

end this post....so much over analysis it making me stupid by the moment. the board is paired over either one of your other pairs. either you are way ahead or way behind. simple straightforward against an aggressive player is obviously the best. just let him bluff away and take the value it brings

Oink 10-10-2007 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
either you are way ahead or way behind

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not. When ahead he has a [censored] of outs

Gurravasa 10-10-2007 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the WA/WB concept the most misunderstood concept ever? You are never way ahead on the flop with a pair of fours! Stop using the freaking WA/WB whenever you don't have a clue what to do. Be honest instead and say "I have no idea what to do so I just call down and hope for the best".

The WA/WB situation is where you have a strong hand with few outs, and your opponent probably also have a strong hand with few outs and is either sligtly better or slightly worse than yours.

BTW I think this has been a very good thread! Nice work Timo, Sweetjazz, Oink and everyone else.

BrassMonkey 10-10-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the WA/WB concept the most misunderstood concept ever? You are never way ahead on the flop with a pair of fours! Stop using the freaking WA/WB whenever you don't have a clue what to do. Be honest instead and say "I have no idea what to do so I just call down and hope for the best".

The WA/WB situation is where you have a strong hand with few outs, and your opponent probably also have a strong hand with few outs and is either sligtly better or slightly worse than yours.

BTW I think this has been a very good thread! Nice work Timo, Sweetjazz, Oink and everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean "way better or way worse than yours"?

And don't forget the originator of this fine thread, yours truly, BrassMonkio... I was bound to get lucky sometime.

Gurravasa 10-10-2007 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean "way better or way worse than yours"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that if you have a slightly worse hand than your opponent say pocket nines against pocket tens, and there is no draws you are way behind bc you only have 2 outs, even if your hand is just slighlty worse when it comes to handvalue.