Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   JJ- under fire (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509406)

Bona 09-25-2007 10:08 PM

JJ- under fire

Villain is 42/11/1.8 after 54 hands. He's been pretty aggressive post flop. A little loose preflop. Never too far out of line though.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

The pair doesn't worry me because I can't see him playing anything with an 8 in it that way preflop By now though, I'm thinking villain may well have JJ+ but he may also play 99-TT like this so I am planning to call down. Should I have treyed this flop? And if I had would his subsequent action have further defined his hand?

Turn: (6.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Now we can add a flush board and a straight board to the misery. But I think I have to call down since neither flush or straight seems very likely. Two big clubs maybe?? AKc or something?? Nah an overpair is still most likely and I really thought I was calling behind here. The problem with that is if I thought that I had to fold with only 2 outs right? Did I have to fold here or does the 99-TT possibility keep me in?

River: (8.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero???

Now I'm in a quandry. Nice sized pot but is there any reasonable chance I win here? Or is this a righteous fold?

Aaron W. 09-25-2007 10:17 PM

Re: JJ- under fire

[ QUOTE ]
He's been pretty aggressive post flop. A little loose preflop. Never too far out of line though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this. His LRR preflop is worthy of a lookup. Plus, he might be the type to 3-barrel AK UI or some other overcard combo in hopes that you will fold.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see something like 77 here... I don't know why I feel that way except that perhaps I've played some other player who did a LRR with a medium PP and then check-raised a paired board like this.

Bona 09-25-2007 10:33 PM

I understand what you are saying but your example isn't real comforting. This river card made 77 a pretty good hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Point Blank 09-25-2007 10:36 PM

LRR by a guy that clearly looks like a retard ... i generally look this crap up (especially if you've been putting pressure on him lately)

I think your are good here often enough getting 3:1 on a call down

don't 'not expect' A8 ... IMO

also ... on the river you say "Nice sized pot" ... your decision was made on the flop (you are not getting 9:1 to call here ... you called the flop getting 3:1 screaming SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!! - this was based on a set of hand at that point, perhaps you want to change your mind before you put in the final bet, much like hitting a jack and raising)

[ QUOTE ]
I've played some other player who did a LRR with a medium PP and then check-raised a paired board like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
happens all the time

Xylocain 09-25-2007 10:37 PM

:g:
If Villan bet-folds a lot you can take a shot at the river getting 5:1 and then post it in the NC thread.

I hate folding after a LRR but I really don't think its that big of a mistake to fold the turn with the read that Vil is rarely that far out of line.

There is a lot of agression and if he LRR baby PPs, pretty much all of them have a set, str8 or flush by the river so I drop it there.

What is your image to make him take this line?

V4P 09-25-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your decision was made on the flop (you are not getting 9:1 to call here ... you called the flop getting 3:1 screaming SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOYAHHH

Bona 09-25-2007 10:45 PM

Good points sir. On balance then I can call the river just to see his hole cards can't I? HeHe... he didn't have A8 but it would have been worth .50 to write a note that he Smooth raised with it wouldn't it now? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bona 09-25-2007 10:52 PM

Well I don't really know what his read is. I was playing about 25/10/2. I tend to be a little weak tight sometimes but less and less frquently and I don't think I had showed him that. I think it's more likely he didn't have me on a range at all and was just playing his own hand. If he was thinking about my hand he probably had me on big OC's since I didn't trey the flop.

Landonfan 09-25-2007 11:36 PM

I call down all the way, just cause LRRs make me really damn curious.

I like your play here. I see no value in raising after he c/r's the flop following your pf cap. The river is close, but I think our aggro postflop read pushes us slightly towards a call.

edit: post 200, what it dew

Buzz-cp 09-26-2007 12:06 AM

I think we can safely fold the turn. That is one of the many cards we did not want to see on a calldown.