Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   turn c/r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=126848)

mike l. 05-31-2006 02:10 PM

turn c/r

20-40 4 handed online. regular i havent played with openraises utg, i 3 bet w/ KJo in the sb. bb folds, utg calls.

flop is Q55 rainbow, i bet, he pauses a little and calls.

turn is another Q, i checkraise.

comments?

The DaveR 05-31-2006 02:38 PM

Re: turn c/r

You're playing online again?

BigEndian 05-31-2006 02:46 PM

Vicious play. Puts a lot of pressure on an Ace. I would have just bet the turn and check-folded the river.

- Jim

mike l. 05-31-2006 02:59 PM

"You're playing online again?"

sorta

gaming_mouse 05-31-2006 03:00 PM

You want to fold an A, but if he has only a naked A, why is he betting there? Plus, I think an A often calls down anyway, no?

The DaveR 05-31-2006 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"You're playing online again?"

sorta

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he called with 66 and won it's back to live?

The DaveR 05-31-2006 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to fold an A, but if he has only a naked A, why is he betting there? Plus, I think an A often calls down anyway, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

An Ace will have trouble calling a checkraise, as will a lot of smaller pairs. And if he calls (a small PP), you have 6 outs with a well defined hand that you can easily bet for value on the river if you improve. The other thing is that, 4 handed, he'll usually bet anything once you check, and folding a King is pretty sweet too.

gaming_mouse 05-31-2006 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An Ace will have trouble calling a checkraise, as will a lot of smaller pairs. And if he calls (a small PP), you have 6 outs with a well defined hand that you can easily bet for value on the river if you improve. The other thing is that, 4 handed, he'll usually bet anything once you check, and folding a King is pretty sweet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

dave,

would you bet an A if you were the oppo on the turn? would you call the raise?

what do you mean by well-defined hand? i think a Q will often flat call your c/r and let you bluff at the river, won't it? so getting called does not mean your 6 outs are clean.

also, in these games, i am not convinced an A folds, but that's just judgment and you play the 20 and i don't, so okay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

gaming_mouse 05-31-2006 03:54 PM

one other thing: is pf standard for everyone here? i think i'd rather much than 3b, but i suck at blind defense.

DeathDonkey 05-31-2006 04:27 PM

4 handed? Standard for me. Mike, I like it, a lot!

-DeathDonkey