Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PokerStars December TLB race! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558129)

Scottyy 11-30-2007 05:37 PM

PokerStars December TLB race!

Dust off your passport and get ready to play in some of the greatest tournaments around the world. PokerStars is closing out the year in style with the biggest tournament leaderboard (TLB) promotion in the history of online poker!

The December TLB will be used to award more than $250,000 in live tournament packages and cash prizes.

Every player finishing in the TLB top 1,000 for December will have an opportunity to win one of four packages to the EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo. But the top 100 players will play a tournament for the biggest prize of all – The PokerStars Passport!

The winner of the PokerStars Passport will receive entry into ten big buy-in live tournaments. The journey begins in Dortmund for the EPT German Open in January 2008 and ends at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in January 2009. The passport-holder can select the remaining eight tournaments from the WSOP* Main Event or any stop on the EPT or APPT.

However, the winner won’t be playing just for themselves. Every time the passport-holder cashes in one of the ten events, ten percent will be returned to PokerStars. The amount will be doubled for a special Frequent Flyer Freeroll. These tournaments will be open to all VIPs that are SilverStar Status or higher, for just 10 FPPs. Be sure to check the PokerStars blog for regular updates on their travels!

In total, the final table of the top 100 tournament will share a prize pool of more than $150,000!

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/passport/

Scotty

augie_ 11-30-2007 05:39 PM

Re: PokerStars December TLB race!

wow. finally a sweet promotion, it's been a while. good work. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Body Man D 11-30-2007 05:43 PM

Damn you. I was gonna stick to mostly cash games this month. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

La Brujita 11-30-2007 05:46 PM

this is top 30 cashes for the month?

Body Man D 11-30-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is top 30 cashes for the month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only your ten best results will be counted for the weekly rankings, 20 best results for the monthly rankings , and 100 best results for the yearly rankings.

Also, does this package include hotel and spending money? It only specifies buy-ins on the information page.

La Brujita 11-30-2007 05:50 PM

yeah i'm stupid

i wonder how many points we'll need for top 20

i've never been a high volume player but i'm thinking of trying to play a bunch.

augie_ 11-30-2007 05:50 PM

i'm just pulling this out of thin air but im sure if you just cash in any 20 tournaments youw ill make top 100

Body Man D 11-30-2007 05:53 PM

You need to finish top 100 to qualify for the freeroll. The last 2 months 100th place has been around 3,800 tlb points. This is obviously without a promotion in place so that could be higher this month.

Jurollo 11-30-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just pulling this out of thin air but im sure if you just cash in any 20 tournaments youw ill make top 100

[/ QUOTE ]
not even close.

linuxrocks 11-30-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

May be he meant, if you FT in 20 tournaments, you'll make top 100. Is that right?

This looks like a sweet promotion, so wondering how many FTs one has to make to get to the top 100 or at least 1000.

Scottyy 11-30-2007 06:20 PM

-------Also, does this package include hotel and spending money? It only specifies buy-ins on the information page.

Yes

Shadowlike 11-30-2007 06:29 PM

It is kind of hard to find out how many points are actually needed to finish in the top 1k when all you can see in the lobby are the top 100 and yourself. Did anyone of you ever finish 1k-ish in the TLB and can give a better estimate?

augie_ 11-30-2007 06:34 PM

no i meant cash. glad i put the disclaimer that i was pulling it out of my ass...the reason I said that is because obviously its possible to make top 100 w/o 20 cashes, so i figured 20 cashes would get u in easily, assuming you finished at or near the top a few times.

i know nobody has any way of knowing this, but what % of people who cash 20 times in a month DON'T make top 100, I would be interested ot know

earck 11-30-2007 06:44 PM

What are the best tournaments to get TLB points? I'm sure there is a primer somewhere, can someone point me to it? I've heard that 180's are good, but what else?

Scottyy 11-30-2007 06:54 PM

-----What are the best tournaments to get TLB points? I'm sure there is a primer somewhere, can someone point me to it?

Sunday Million
Sunday $100K
Sunday Warm-up
Rebuys

Ontario_Tory 11-30-2007 06:55 PM

If you win a $12/180, you get 275 TLB points.

You win 20 of 'em in a month, you'll have 5500.

The leader for the month in November has 6,442 right now. 100th place has 3,762.

So you need to do better than just cashing in 20 to finish top 100 without a promo like this.

20 FT's would do it, however...

Ontario_Tory 11-30-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the best tournaments to get TLB points? I'm sure there is a primer somewhere, can someone point me to it? I've heard that 180's are good, but what else?

[/ QUOTE ]

@ the end of the day, the more runners in a tourney with an actual buyin, the better it is for TLB points.

The formula is on the stars website - you can download a spreadsheet to play with it from this page http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

A freeroll with 10,000 players gives ~400 points for 1st.
A $1 tourney with 2,000 players gives ~500 for 1st.
A $150 tourney with 750 players (like the stuper) gives ~875 for 1st

The sunday million - with 6,500 runners - gives ~2650 points
The sunday 100k - with 17,500 runners - also gives ~2650 points

So the trick with this contest will be the cash / FT as many 'large' tourneys (read 1000+ runners) as possible.

jcg2005 11-30-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is kind of hard to find out how many points are actually needed to finish in the top 1k when all you can see in the lobby are the top 100 and yourself. Did anyone of you ever finish 1k-ish in the TLB and can give a better estimate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Scottyy can chime in with the amount the person in 1000th place had last month, identity concealed of course...

NHFunkii 11-30-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-----What are the best tournaments to get TLB points? I'm sure there is a primer somewhere, can someone point me to it?

Sunday Million
Sunday $100K
Sunday Warm-up
Rebuys

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't looked at the tlb in quite some time, but a year and a half ago at least the rebuys were actually really bad (relatively) because they counted as the original buyin even though they're actually essentially a higher buyin event. maybe it's been changed since then.

dw2006 11-30-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i know nobody has any way of knowing this, but what % of people who cash 20 times in a month DON'T make top 100, I would be interested ot know

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 21 cashes in november with 5 final tables and a win, and im not even close to top 100. I'm like 250-300.

timex 11-30-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sunday Million
Sunday $100K
Sunday Warm-up
Rebuys

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't looked at the tlb in quite some time, but a year and a half ago at least the rebuys were actually really bad (relatively) because they counted as the original buyin even though they're actually essentially a higher buyin event. maybe it's been changed since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, but they generally get really big fields + good players are a lot more likely to take them down, so the top TLB guys have their most success in them

augie_ 11-30-2007 07:35 PM

dizamn

badplayer 11-30-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed at least twenty times every month this year and have never made it anywhere near the top 1000.

mackyg12 11-30-2007 08:02 PM

Does anyone else think that the weekly TLB winner shouldn't be best 10 tournaments, but unlimited, because the Mil winner wins it like every week no? Same for monthly when there is some kind of prize (example:Passport promo) IMO. I mean the purpose of this promo is to generate tons of MTT rake for Stars so it seems like to me they would want the ShaunDeeb's of the online world to put in tons of volume...I don't know if I am making any sense reading over this, but I just wanted to get it off my chest. Peace.

bazooka87 11-30-2007 10:44 PM

Wowowowowow this is so sick, really gives me incentive to play a ton

shaundeeb 12-01-2007 12:40 AM

psh the pokerstars passport should goto yearly winner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

BrandiFan 12-01-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
psh the pokerstars passport should goto yearly winner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]You better watch out, Devinr12's been on a hot streak lately...

I have over 20 cashes and 2100 points or so for this month and that's good for 2500th place.

dw2006 12-01-2007 05:29 AM

I won a tournament that started on November 30th but finished on December 1st. What month does it count towards?

Ontario_Tory 12-01-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won a tournament that started on November 30th but finished on December 1st. What month does it count towards?

[/ QUOTE ]

November.

sorry bro.

1p0kerboy 12-01-2007 09:48 AM

No promotion for cash game players?

IWEARGOGGLES 12-01-2007 02:12 PM

So wait, you have to give up 10% of your winnings so that people can play 10 FPP freerolls?

You gotta be [censored] kidding me.

WarDekar 12-01-2007 02:20 PM

[censored] Poker

BrandiFan 12-01-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So wait, you have to give up 10% of your winnings so that people can play 10 FPP freerolls?

[/ QUOTE ]no, you GET to give up 10% lol

NHFunkii 12-01-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, I interpreted that as them matching 10% of your winnings... lol if they really make you give it up

but I guess they make it pretty clear. that sucks.

unconscious 12-01-2007 03:39 PM

I agree it seems a bit marxist but 10% of your winnings off 10 huge $$ freerolls, seems like a reasonable price to me. I'd be happy as [censored] to win this because I'm not able to buyin to these events in the foreseeable future. If you were going to enter these anyways I can understand the concern.

IWEARGOGGLES 12-01-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree it seems a bit marxist but 10% of your winnings off 10 huge $$ freerolls, seems like a reasonable price to me. I'd be happy as [censored] to win this because I'm not able to buyin to these events in the foreseeable future. If you were going to enter these anyways I can understand the concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just their stupid, greedy way to reduce their variance.

Stars: WOWOWOW WE'RE GIVING AWAY 250K IN STUFF!!
Us: YIPPEE!
Stars: NOT ONLY ARE YOU PAYING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF RAKE BUT WE'RE GOING TO TAKE EVEN MORE MONEY AWAY FROM YOU IF THE WINNER RUNS GOOD!
Us: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Honestly, this is something PARTY POKER would do.

unconscious 12-01-2007 03:52 PM

LOL well said Luke.

shaundeeb 12-01-2007 03:58 PM

yah I hope stars changes and announces they will put up an additional 10%

kleath 12-01-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is just their stupid, greedy way to reduce their variance.

Stars: WOWOWOW WE'RE GIVING AWAY 250K IN STUFF!!
Us: YIPPEE!
Stars: NOT ONLY ARE YOU PAYING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF RAKE BUT WE'RE GOING TO TAKE EVEN MORE MONEY AWAY FROM YOU IF THE WINNER RUNS GOOD!
Us: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Honestly, this is something PARTY POKER would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl at greedy(they're matching that 10% also and it goes back into tournament prizepools) and rofl at Multis having a ridiculous amount of rake, both points are quite ridiculous.

prolax13 12-01-2007 04:10 PM

win tournies over cashing a bunch = points.