Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Probably boring AK on monotone flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361032)

NLSoldier 03-21-2007 09:42 PM

Probably boring AK on monotone flop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($344.10)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($681.75)</font>
SB ($384)
BB ($160)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $12.

Flop: ($38) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $92</font>

My only read is that hes sitting with less than 100BB and just open limped in the CO.

Praetor 03-21-2007 09:44 PM

Re: Probably boring AK on monotone flop

i call and felt non club turn, fold to a club

smartalecc5 03-21-2007 09:45 PM

I call looking to get it in on safe turn (non club)

soah 03-21-2007 10:30 PM

if a club comes I think you should seriously consider trying to take the pot from him if he blinks. I don't think many hands with a big club play like this. With a made big flush he'd raise less to try to keep you in the pot drawing dead. AK/AQ/KK sort of hands raise preflop, so if he has the Kc it would have to be something like KcTh. And given that he openlimped four-handed, he might not be aggressive enough to make this move with a naked draw anyway.

rand 03-21-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call and felt non club turn, fold to a club

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure how i would proceed with a club turn, id prolly need to get a feel from how/how much he bet or if he checked

ArturiusX 03-22-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if a club comes I think you should seriously consider trying to take the pot from him if he blinks. I don't think many hands with a big club play like this. With a made big flush he'd raise less to try to keep you in the pot drawing dead. AK/AQ/KK sort of hands raise preflop, so if he has the Kc it would have to be something like KcTh. And given that he openlimped four-handed, he might not be aggressive enough to make this move with a naked draw anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much my thoughts. This is rarely a big draw. Play accordingly.