Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   MNF - Giants @ Boys (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=242555)

Dementia 10-22-2006 07:00 PM

MNF - Giants @ Boys

I'm liking Dallas -3 and the over (44).

Thoughts?

MacGuyV 10-22-2006 07:03 PM

Re: MNF - Giants @ Boys

I love Dallas. Can't see the Giants going 3-0 in the division with 2 road wins.

kyro 10-22-2006 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Dallas and the Giants are even teams on a neutral field? I don't. I expect Giants to win outright.

MacGuyV 10-22-2006 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think Dallas and the Giants are even teams on a neutral field? I don't. I expect Giants to win outright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think Dallas is every bit as good on a neutral field. I also think homefield in this one is worth a little something extra given that it's a more important game for Dallas. Both teams are shakey @QB; though the Cowboys problems in that area have just been more publicized because of the endless hype on the Philly game and their guy isn't named "Manning". In any case Bledsoe is generally ok at home.

rjp 10-22-2006 08:06 PM

My numbers show the Giants and Cowboys to be a PICK'EM on a neutral field. Throw in home field advantage and you've got the line pretty much where it is now.

I see now value either way, so I'm saving my money for next week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kyro 10-22-2006 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think Dallas is every bit as good on a neutral field. I also think homefield in this one is worth a little something extra given that it's a more important game for Dallas. Both teams are shakey @QB; though the Cowboys problems in that area have just been more publicized because of the endless hype on the Philly game and their guy isn't named "Manning". In any case Bledsoe is generally ok at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I would just like to see the Cowboys beat a team that doesn't suck and blow before I start thinking they're not bad. Then again, a win tomorrow puts them right at the top of the division, so...

Tyler Durden 10-22-2006 10:01 PM

Picking a team seems really tough but I definitely like the over on 45. Both teams are high-scoring and the Giants run D gave up a lot of yardage to Warrick Dunn last week, and Julius Jones has run for over 100 yards in each of his last three games (I think).

niss 10-22-2006 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Picking a team seems really tough but I definitely like the over on 45. Both teams are high-scoring and the Giants run D gave up a lot of yardage to Warrick Dunn last week, and Julius Jones has run for over 100 yards in each of his last three games (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of Dunn's yardage came on one run (90-yd TD run). Atlanta actually had trouble running the ball last week.

Last year, these teams played two tight, low-scoring games.

The Giants' D has played much better its last 2 games, after the D coordinator made "adjustments". They are sacking the QB again, which does not bode well for a Bledsoe-led offense. 7 sacks of Vick last week.

This is a huge game for both teams. The idea that the game means more to Dallas is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

MacGuyV 10-22-2006 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a huge game for both teams. The idea that the game means more to Dallas is, in my opinion, inaccurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO if the Giants win the game they win the division and if they don't it's a dogfight to the finish. I give Bledsoe a 0.00% chance to win a big late season division road game.

CharlieDontSurf 10-22-2006 10:57 PM

i dont see any value in betting either team unless u just want another reason to root for yr pick