Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   1/2 I didn't feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking myself? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511579)

bottomset 09-28-2007 09:21 PM

1/2 I didn\'t feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking myself?

villian is 17/13 over 700ish hands, but I don't remember playing against him at all(which is weird) and don't have any notes either [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $195.00
BB: $234.40
UTG: $40.35
UTG+1: $174.00
MP1: $254.30
Hero (MP2): $210.90
MP3: $261.05
CO: $233.00
BTN: $251.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00

Flop: ($24) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($44) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $41.00</font>, Hero calls $41.00

River: ($126) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $100.00</font>, Hero calls $100.00

Bluegrassplayer 09-28-2007 09:23 PM

Re: 1/2 I didn\'t feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking myself?

Do you think he's staying in with a 4 in his hand or not betting a set of queens?

RapidEvolution 09-28-2007 09:30 PM

Re: 1/2 I didn\'t feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking mysel

It seems unlikely that villain would flat call pf with QQ. With no read, what are the chances he's calling with 5-4? If he has 4's that's just sick. If he did either, make a note of it.

CalledDownLight 09-28-2007 09:37 PM

I don't love calling down here, but I wouldn't be able to fold any street myself.

Fiasco 09-28-2007 11:13 PM

Re: 1/2 I didn\'t feel good about this calldown, am I outthinking myself?

I really dont like the fact that it went from a &lt; 1/2 pot bet on the flop to an almost pot size size bet on the turn.

Johnes Benjamin 09-28-2007 11:41 PM

If he has 4's then it was set up perfectly for him. Don't know the agg stats but I'm assuming a 17/13 is pretty aggressive and certainly capable of 3 barreling.

I really wish you were CO or BTN, this would be a snap call in either of those situations. Actually, i thought you were when i first read it. Now I don't like it nearly as much but [censored], what are you going to do fold!!???

I could see laying it down on the turn. Once you call that I think river is a must call.

I think I would probably raise flop against someone I don't know much about. Were you just hoping to extract from PP's?
do you float a lot in these situations, so you call with a hand as well?

BT2 09-29-2007 07:25 AM

i could not fold anywhere.

also, you probably do not recognize villain because he changed his image on you.

QTip 09-29-2007 09:02 AM

Yeah, I can see why you didn't like this one. The Ace on the river means about nothing to us, so if we're calling here, we'd have to call a 2hearts or whatever as well.

Were you going to call a $100 bet if a spade river came?

QTip 09-29-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would probably raise flop against someone I don't know much about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you raising the flop against an unknown? Are you going to pay a reraise? If not, I think you're turning your quality hand into bluffness, no? If he calls, are you going to make a 2/3 bet on the turn? If so, this pot has not gotten really big and you have tptk.

bottomset 09-29-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can see why you didn't like this one. The Ace on the river means about nothing to us, so if we're calling here, we'd have to call a 2hearts or whatever as well.

Were you going to call a $100 bet if a spade river came?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ace on the river doesn't change my hands strentgh, since I doubt Q7 is in his range, so the only hand I improved on was KK which doesn't seem likely

however I think the ace does change the dynamics of the river a little, because I could easily call call with AA, which obviously loves that river, which might make him less likely to continue a bluff, however it could convince him to bluff again thinking its a scare card and see if he can get me off KQ or QJ

another possibility is that he has the NFD and puts me on a Q and decides to make a big valuebet

I don't know what my plan was going to be if he bet 100 on a spade river, I think the smaller spades are actually more dangerous in that spot as he could also hit a boat with his sml pair that failed to bet me off my hand, but the bigger ones T, J, K, A are probably cards he bluffs more often than having a flush