Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What'd You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390785)

TobDog 05-10-2007 04:43 PM

Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

Played Ladies club Pro-Am yesterday at world famous Dad Miller Golf Club fired a 66 (-5) and tied for low pro. Was nice after last weeks 27 hole barffest my partner and I had at a section event.

TruFloridaGator 05-10-2007 08:29 PM

Shot 48 for a quick 9, puke, but when you don't practice what do you expect? Not a bad start, though considering a 6 & an 8 to start, both par 4s. I'm hooking the ball like hell.
Going out to Reno in 2 weeks for some very nice golfing, so I need to get some range balls in. I also have 2 lessons out at LPGA International in Daytona that I need to get in.

Nick B. 05-10-2007 09:48 PM

I shot 84 today. i was really bad. My irons are going way too far and I am flying almost all the greens. I need to find a way to cut my swing.

SubGreen 05-10-2007 10:06 PM

I shot 44 on 9 today. I hit it OB on a par 5, re-teed and made 6, missed 3 birdies from <15 ft. Finished my round triple bogey, birdie, triple bogey.

Brag: downwind par 5, 2nd shot from 240 yds put my 5 iron to 8 ft.

Beat: missed the putt

How the heck do you play the buried lie in the bunker? I had a downhill lie and the ball was literally below the level of the sand. WTF? led to triple bogey

Nick B. 05-10-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the heck do you play the buried lie in the bunker? I had a downhill lie and the ball was literally below the level of the sand. WTF? led to triple bogey

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are supposed to close your clubface and hit down on the ball.

yellowdoyle 05-10-2007 10:48 PM

The same course that I shot 100 last week, I shot 129 today.

It never went right. Last week, 90% of my drives were on the green. This week 10%, and NONE over 130 yards. Not one good drive at all. I couldn't make a single good shot with anything below the 8. It was like 4 hours of misery. Not ever hitting one good shot to get a hole going. It sucks on a par 4 when your best shot is the 4th to get on the green.

Perhaps this is a character builing day, lol.

K-Slay 05-11-2007 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are supposed to close your clubface and hit down on the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open the club face and line the ball up towards the heel of your wedge, then hit it really hard, it comes out every time if executed.

bonds 05-11-2007 08:52 AM

42 last time out with a stupid double on the last hole. I'm trying to reach a par five in two and there's a hazard in the way. No problem, except that sometime in the last two days the water level went up like six feet - instead of being potentially playable in sand or long grass, I'm wet.

Nick B. 05-11-2007 02:00 PM

I played so bad today. i shot 80 with 4 birdies.

pirateboy 05-11-2007 04:06 PM

The day I shoot an 80 will be the day I run around the 18th green naked.