Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Party Poker is up to Something (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555221)

daedalus 11-26-2007 11:18 PM

Party Poker is up to Something

...There's something happening here......

[ QUOTE ]
PartyGaming CEO halts share sale, takes options

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:06 PM GMT

LONDON, Nov 26 (Reuters) - The world's biggest listed online gaming firm, PartyGaming (PRTY.L: Quote, Profile , Research), said on Monday its chief executive, Mitch Garber, had taken options for 3.5 million shares and reversed previous plans to sell a chunk of stock.

Under his planned sale programme, Garber was to have sold shares between Dec. 19 and Dec. 31. He now holds 8.75 million shares in the firm, more than double the amount he is obliged to hold under his contract.

PartyGaming is waiting for a decision from U.S. authorities on its punishment for taking bets from U.S. gamblers last year before the law was clarified in October.

PartyGaming shares were up 2 percent by 1255 GMT. (Reporting by Marc Jones; Editing by Paul Bolding

[/ QUOTE ]

Reuters Link

Barrin6 11-27-2007 03:19 AM

Re: Party Poker is up to Something

Yea, I read that. But what exactly does that mean?

crzylgs 11-27-2007 04:39 AM

He thinks the stock is going up. I wouldn't read too much into it though-- it could just mean they're expecting good quarterlies or something.

DeadMoneyDad 11-27-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I read that. But what exactly does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means he no longer sees a profit from dumping his existing stock and sees value in exercising some options he owns.

Given the back room buzz in LV, at the recent convention, I'd say the talks are progressing nicely.

D$D

Mr Sarcastic 11-27-2007 12:04 PM

"Given the back room buzz in LV..."

Okay, Perez Hilton, tell us you were there to hear it.

(Given the recent Harrahs reported run at a piece of Rank, your "insider scoop" is a bit dated.)

DeadMoneyDad 11-27-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Given the back room buzz in LV..."

Okay, Perez Hilton, tell us you were there to hear it.

(Given the recent Harrahs reported run at a piece of Rank, your "insider scoop" is a bit dated.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I love sarcasm!

There was more details discussed than made the papers and published reports

I'm no shill nor lover of PP. IMO there software was dog poop, and the owners have an inflated opinion of the value of their aging customer list.

IMO poker players individually and as a group are too greedy for their own good.

Any US based site, with US banking laws controlled easy deposits, would OWN the US poker market and a decent portion of the world on-line market. How long that market share could be defended is highly questionable.

Get your own sources. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

D$D

Mr Sarcastic 11-27-2007 04:44 PM

Re: Party Poker is up to Something ... which D$D has inside scoop on

"There was more details discussed than made the papers and published reports"

No doubt, there always are. However, I still call "Poseur", for your "Gambling911-like" lack of any specificity or even basis for first hand knowledge.

DeadMoneyDad 11-27-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"There was more details discussed than made the papers and published reports"

No doubt, there always are. However, I still call "Poseur", for your "Gambling911-like" lack of any specificity or even basis for first hand knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make no claims beyond my statements on a stockbroker's view of the OP story, and my personal opinion of the worth of PP to any gaming concern.

You are welcome to engage in name calling or cast aspersions on how I choose to present the above claims and your interpretation of my words, but I will not play that game.

You want more information about this or any other matter?

Again develop your own sources!

D$D

Doc T River 11-28-2007 12:07 AM

If he is acting on privileged information in deciding to buy or sell stock, then he is breaking the law.

Mr Sarcastic 11-28-2007 11:40 AM

Re: Party Poker is up to Something ... D$D has no insider scoop on

Would "Tipper liability" apply to people who spread inside information picked up in the non-public "back room buzz", that other people traded on ?