Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554557)

David Sklansky 11-26-2007 12:51 AM

I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Thread

When I mentioned that the existence or non existence of an ante is a bigger factor than ultra large stacks or the ability to fold the second nuts I left out the subject of live tells. Many of you have speculated that tells would in fact be the factor that gives the live players the edge. But it is not. Online players are smart enough to quickly learn to pick up tells if they are truly there and to give off fake tells. If they have a disadvantage it is because of the ante. Like I said.

kerze 11-26-2007 12:53 AM

Re: I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Threa

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

ahnuld 11-26-2007 12:53 AM

Well then 2 months after stars introduces games with antees there will be at least 5 online players in the top 10

edited to add: Sklansky, there are many HSNl players such as ansky on 2+2 and mjorgenson (who is one of the top players at 6 handed or HU in the world) who made their bones playing torunaments, and are still considered the top tournament players online. Those tourneys all play with antes so the idea that they guys, who excel at both, couldnt adjust is silly.

xxeximusxx 11-26-2007 12:53 AM

Re: I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Thread

lol

futuredoc85 11-26-2007 12:53 AM

find the [censored] edit button christ

Ship Ship McGipp 11-26-2007 12:54 AM

now i'm laughing

11-26-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now i'm laughing

[/ QUOTE ]

Futtocked 11-26-2007 12:55 AM

[censored] you sklanskly

KSOT 11-26-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
now i'm laughing

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jimmytrick 11-26-2007 12:57 AM

Re: I Forgot To Address The Subject Of Tells On That Tran/Patrik/Thread

[ QUOTE ]
When I mentioned that the existence or non existence of an ante is a bigger factor than ultra large stacks or the ability to fold the second nuts I left out the subject of live tells. Many of you have speculated that tells would in fact be the factor that gives the live players the edge. But it is not. Online players are smart enough to quickly learn to pick up tells if they are truly there and to give off fake tells. If they have a disadvantage it is because of the ante. Like I said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, you must think we are all Brandi. Quit dicking around. If there is one thing online players can't be beat at, its math. Tells are related in some way to social awareness, really David, we understand we might be lacking there and know you are.

Conclusion: Skanlansky is in the bottle again.