Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   correct play ? JJ facing a limp reraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249219)

530uts 10-31-2006 01:13 PM

correct play ? JJ facing a limp reraise

300$ MTT at the Taj.
87 ppl to start top 9 cash
down to 35 average stack ruffly 12k, sitting w/ 17k
200/400/50
UTG Limp (18k)
MP limp (under 2k)
MP+2 limp (16k)
LP limp (6k)
Hero on button finds JJ ..& raises to 2k (thoughts on this?)
UTG call
MP calls all in for less than ammount
MP+2 calls
LP Reraise all in for 4k more
( correct play ) = ?

-Any & all thoughts please

AceLuby 10-31-2006 02:36 PM

Re: correct play ? JJ facing a limp reraise

W/ all the overlay I would probably just push. Folding is WAY too weak and calling would be inviting everyone to crack you. Push and try to play LP HU for the sidepot.

radiihead 10-31-2006 02:44 PM

push

530uts 10-31-2006 02:52 PM

Thanks,
Wasn't sure if the limp RR AI by LP screamed AA or KK so much so I was a donk for pushing AI to Iso the 2 SS's
.He did have AA & I didnt improve

was the Button raise of 2k ruffly correct ?

whynot? 10-31-2006 02:55 PM

to me the only one you could be behind is utg would could of originally limped a monster - but his flat call says not so. I push this expecting to be ahead when the cards are flipped and at worst a flip with some of hte outs taken bu the original limpers

530uts 10-31-2006 03:54 PM

Any chance I should have just called to see a flop here?

or was trying to win a big pot is worth the risk of 40% of my stack ?
Maybe I'm just over thinking this ? ( I hate JJ )

DPK99 10-31-2006 04:38 PM

Since you asked, I think it was a mistake to raise only 2000 with 4 limpers already in the hand. With the pot already being more than 2000, that raise will just give everyone odds to call you, and your Js just won’t be good unless you hit the set. If you make a raise then definitely put in at least 4000 here to eliminate 2 or 3 of the limpers.

If you just make the call you are getting about (I think) 5.5:1 odds on your money, and hitting a set of Js is about 7:1, so that is an ok play as well. Of course, if you hit the set with four other in the pot you will stand to win a large pot, and can easily get away from it if not.

Take the above advice with a grain of salt though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

AceLuby 10-31-2006 04:56 PM

Definition of -cEV

[ QUOTE ]
If you just make the call you are getting about (I think) 5.5:1 odds on your money, and hitting a set of Js is about 7:1, so that is an ok play

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why calling is bad. Maybe if we call we get others to come in the pot as well increasing our pot odds, but calling and having one of the bigger stacks push us off w/ 6k in the pot already would REALLY suck.

BlueEcho 10-31-2006 05:00 PM

IMO the worst play made in this hand is the LP limping with AA behind all of the others. I know he got what he was after, but damn I just hate that play. It really turns my insides when I see a play like this pay off. I know, I know get used to it.

All that said.... I push into his AA's as well.

dcviperboy 10-31-2006 05:12 PM

This is a 300 dollar tourney?!?!? Jeez, sounds more like a Stars 1.10. Seriously, this is so loose here, idk what to think.

I push to eliminate extra players....