Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I fold trips on the river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554550)

jr4284 11-26-2007 12:45 AM

I fold trips on the river

Villain is a TAG from what I've observed in 15 minutes at the table and hasn't gotten very out of line.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

PokerSparky 11-26-2007 01:01 AM

Re: I fold trips on the river

I usually just call preflop.

As played, donk call the river.

Nick C 11-26-2007 01:03 AM

Well, you were probably beat.

I'm not sure about the river checkraise. I mean, if Villain has an ace it's probably better than yours, and if he doesn't, then, well, you're counting on him to value bet a likely underpair and then call a checkraise with it. And I suppose that might be what he'll do if he has exactly KK, but I think there's a good chance JJ and TT are going to check behind. And, actually, it's possible KK will as well.

So I prefer a river bet-call.

bmorganonap 11-26-2007 01:13 AM

You can't fold on the river. Remember a bad call only costs one bet while a bad fold costs you an entire pot.

MacGuyV 11-26-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't fold on the river. Remember a bad call only costs one bet while a bad fold costs you an entire pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol

Transference 11-26-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about the river checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

KitCloudkicker 11-26-2007 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such terrible advice. maybe not for this hand, but in general.

Mitke 11-26-2007 10:40 AM

I join the c/c, c/c, b/c postflop line group.

Looks like you're wa/wb here. No need to push KK, JJ, TT, KQ out of the pot if he's willing to bet them for you. Donk on the river to avoid giving a free card.

River c/r - fold doesn't make much sense like it's been mentioned here.

I don't mind a 3bet preflop from BB vs a HJ TAG openraise. Thin probably, but still ok.

Wolfram 11-26-2007 11:10 AM

On the river you have about 45-55% equity vs a reasonable MP bet/capping range. You don't want to give a free showdown but you'd prefer to get only 1 bet in there since 2 bets usually means you're beat. Getting 3bet is a major disaster though because you put in 2 bets and don't even get to see a showdown (there's a slim chance he has AJs).

Just c/c, c/c, b/c.

Edit: I've been thinking this might even be a c/c on the river. If our equity never manages to reach even 60%, then a bet loses money for us given that he'll instaraise any hand that beats us.

SuperUberBob 11-26-2007 01:36 PM

I'm not liking the river check/raise. I think bet/call is the right move.

Everything up to there is pretty standard IMO.