Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Matusow Robusto? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303792)

danielg 01-11-2007 07:12 AM

Matusow Robusto?

Here @ aussie millions had his name down for 300/600 omaha last night.

Discuss.

nutsflopper 01-11-2007 07:17 AM

Re: Matusow Robusto?

Assuming pl, yes, he is robusto and is practicing sound br management with at least ~5mil.

...lol

shaniac 01-11-2007 07:19 AM

You're working for Stars and starting threads like this? Not too professional, imo.

But to answer your question before someone points out that 300/600 is not high stakes: Mike's degenerate act is mostly just that, an act...he's a good player and is always in action.

NicksDad1970 01-11-2007 08:16 AM

Not that it really matters but the first thing I though was he's being staked.

But maybe I just bought into his being broke by always asking people for money on FTP. (I don't rail him a lot but when I do seems he's always asking someone to send him cash)Maybe he is robusto just doesn't keep it online?

daryn 01-11-2007 10:17 AM

why would you assume PL?

nath 01-11-2007 11:30 AM

the 300/600 omaha game here is limit

and yeah, mike is a good player, but that said it would not surprise me at all if he had to be staked for it. money management doesn't seem like a skill of his, and having met him, i'm not sure i agree with shane that "Mike's degenerate act is mostly just that, an act."

it doesn't mean it's not a good game for him though

Sciolist 01-11-2007 12:44 PM

I don't think that Mattusow's degenerate thing is an act, but I am sure he's smart enough to use that aspect of his personality to his advantage where he can.

grdred944 01-11-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But to answer your question before someone points out that 300/600 is not high stakes: Mike's degenerate act is mostly just that, an act...he's a good player and is always in action.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he is > 50% degenerate easily. Regardless of his skills his bankroll management sucks and he freely admits that whenever he gets any coin he finds a way to blow it. This is by his admission and from others who have (continue to) keep him afloat.

pokulator 01-11-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he is > 50% degenerate easily. Regardless of his skills his bankroll management sucks and he freely admits that whenever he gets any coin he finds a way to blow it. This is by his admission and from others who have (continue to) keep him afloat.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was walking by as matusow was telling his table a story at the five diamonds last month. he said someone asked him if he wanted to end up like stuey, and die with no money in his pocket to which he replied "why would i want to die with money in my pocket? and anyways, if i died right now, the poker world would kill me."

rokstedy 01-11-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here @ aussie millions had his name down for 300/600 omaha last night.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, well he was playing $25/$50 NL 2 days ago, so...