Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Question about ITM percentage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544257)

october sky 11-12-2007 11:57 AM

Question about ITM percentage

If my ITM is just over 22% I should be doing better than just above break even over a 2 year period correct? This is really frustrating me why I am not doing better.

Body Man D 11-12-2007 12:24 PM

Re: Question about ITM percentage

[ QUOTE ]
If my ITM is just over 22% I should be doing better than just above break even over a 2 year period correct? This is really frustrating me why I am not doing better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably putting to much emphasis on just making the money. I used to be the same way but have learned it's better to get aggressive as the bubble approaches. You will make the money less but when you do you will on average have more chips. This will obviously lead to deeper runs where the money is more significant.

THAY3R 11-12-2007 12:47 PM

No good player has an ITM that high.

mlagoo 11-12-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently youve never heard of a man named baltostar

Soulman 11-12-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently youve never heard of a man named baltostar

[/ QUOTE ]
Mean but funny

QandA201 11-12-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what level OP is playing, if he's playing micros then this is pretty standard due to 15-20% pay structure. [e.g. I'm at 29% ITM and am winning solidly(not lately, but overall)]

jonnyd 11-12-2007 02:08 PM

concentrate more on ROI than ITM.

october sky 11-12-2007 02:10 PM

Yeah I am playing 3R up to 28 NL so I assume that is why my ITM is higher. I do think my biggest problem is "limping" into the money. Are you guys playing more pots(limping with small pairs, suited connectors) or just doing more 3 betting,stealing early on?

JMX 11-12-2007 03:58 PM

I've been wondering about this as well. I've noticed that my ITM is in that area as well, and now I'm thinking I need to loosen my game even more whenever I have a huge chiplead.

jonnyd 11-12-2007 04:11 PM

at no point should you feel "content" with your stack to the point of just waiting for monsters. always be looking for +ev situations and realize that as the big stack people have to know in the back of their minds that they can bust out to you if they want to play a hand with you