Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Late night Padres action top of 13th (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506624)

anatta 09-22-2007 01:45 AM

Late night Padres action top of 13th

Padres have banged out 4 hits so far, including a 9th inning blast by Adrian Gonzalez to even the score 1-1. Lets go Padres!

craig 09-22-2007 01:50 AM

Re: Late night Padres action top of 13th

[ QUOTE ]
Padres have banged out 4 hits so far, including a 9th inning blast by Adrian Gonzalez to even the score 1-1. Lets go Padres!

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I were supposed to go to that game. I backed out to watch BOS and she went with a friend. She loves baseball and said it was so boring and the atmosphere was not very exciting (even for SD during a playoff run). She left after the 11th. I cannot imagine it being that bad.

Go Padres!!! I normally wouldn't care, but I want a BOS WS here.

anatta 09-22-2007 01:54 AM

I was just gonna delete this, I guess the boys are all in the Rockies thread, Pads get no love here, there's a D-Back real fangs, and and official Rockies thread. The Red Sox are like a wife, the Pads are like my little sister, such a cute, spunky little ball club.

craig 09-22-2007 01:56 AM

Does this mean if a BOS WS was here you would root for SD? I am pretty sure I like my sister more than my wife and I really cannot stand my sister.

craig

Bremen 09-22-2007 01:57 AM

14th now. Go Colorado knock them padres out of the wc!

anatta 09-22-2007 01:59 AM

I'd root for Boston, not close. I was rooting for Chargers over Pats. Pats used to be my favorite team growing up, but they got their's. Sox got their's too, but hey, its the Red Sox.

anatta 09-22-2007 02:02 AM

Damn he hit that a ton

BobOjedaFan 09-22-2007 02:04 AM

lol, on the homerun the Padres radio broadcaster said he thought the ball was 'too high' to go out. lol too high??? wtf does that mean, and wasnt that a joke in Major League or something, lol

anatta 09-22-2007 02:08 AM

Here we go Kooooz! lol. This guy's been doing pretty good lately.

Bremen 09-22-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, on the homerun the Padres radio broadcaster said he thought the ball was 'too high' to go out. lol too high??? wtf does that mean, and wasnt that a joke in Major League or something, lol

[/ QUOTE ]
it means he probably thought the angle was too high. IE a ball hit at 45 degrees will have the best chance of going out. As the angle goes up the ball will go higher and have less of a chance of going out.

Anyway Colorado just scored, yay!