Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL200 - marginal hand butcherd (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377058)

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 05:14 PM

NL200 - marginal hand butcherd

Effective stacks $200.
No Read or stats.

Hero raises to $8 in MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain calls on the button.

Flop ($19) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero leads $12. Villain calls.

<font color="blue"> I know flop bet is way way too low. I should pot it, don't ask me why I didn't. </font>

TURN ($43) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks. Villain bets $24. Hero?

<font color="blue"> Who likes leading the turn? Who likes a call? Who likes a fold? </font>

SomethingClever 04-12-2007 05:16 PM

Re: NL200 - marginal hand butcherd

I wouldn't pot the flop, but then again I never do. I'd bet $14 or $15.

I'll bet/fold or check/fold the turn depending on reads, and how much villain bets when checked to.

mdkrahn 04-12-2007 05:18 PM

I think you can fire again here,
and give up if called.

I think check/folding is fine too though.

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't pot the flop, but then again I never do. I'd bet $14 or $15.

I'll bet/fold or check/fold the turn depending on reads, and how much villain bets when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think are the benefits of each line?

Assume Villain bets $24 on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hince 04-12-2007 05:20 PM

C/F the turn or B/F it. Against an unknown I could go either way.

Paul Thomson 04-12-2007 05:23 PM

I guess, my biggest problem with this hand is that Villain should never have AJ or better here, right?

So he's most likely on a draw but at the same time this is a great flop to float on right?

Hince 04-12-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess, my biggest problem with this hand is that Villain should never have AJ or better here, right?

So he's most likely on a draw but at the same time this is a great flop to float on right?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the reason I don't think it matters if you bet or check to an unknown. It's probably really close whether he folds to you bet or you are WB. That turn is really ugly to a lot of hands, but it's also great for many that are in his range. In terms of EV, they are about even... so I would go with the option that helps my overall gameplan the most.