Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Perfect spot to push?!?! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504244)

LAgambol 09-19-2007 12:40 AM

Perfect spot to push?!?!

10/20 NL Live
Villain is solid player, semi TAG
Hero's been playing semi-LAG, but nothing major out of line

Villain has 2.5K, Hero covers
Villain raises to 120 from MP, CO +1 calls, Hero in CO calls with 6d5d

Flop:
8 4 2
Villain bets 200, Co+1 folds, Hero makes it 750, villain calls
Turn: 9
Villain checks, Hero bets 1500

after the villain just flat called and checked the turn, i thought this would be a prime spot to push...what do you think? thoughts on all streets appreciated.

berserk 09-19-2007 01:05 AM

Re: Perfect spot to push?!?!

obv depends whether you think he folds KK

Allinlife 09-19-2007 01:09 AM

probably a horrific spot for semibluff because he will have hard time believing that you would take same line with set (you really raise that big on flop?) or top 2(again, you really raise flop with tp9k?)

turn is as blank as it gets, so if he's got made hand to call you down with, this is the turn card he will call you on.

AceCR9 09-19-2007 01:53 AM

call flop, raise turn if you want to bluff this

SunOfBeach 09-19-2007 09:09 AM

I don't hate the flop raise, but I'd be thinking of taking that freebie on the turn.

KEWL 09-20-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call flop, raise turn if you want to bluff this

[/ QUOTE ]

buddha01 09-21-2007 07:01 AM

Hi, I always like to put my throughts down honestly its what where here for, the next time I post a hand here I want honest opions not made up rubbish.

You took a big chance playing 5-6 suited, you did not tell us the colour of the flop but you had a draw chance but you were out of line rerasing to 750?

Why did you reaise, the guy is playing tight aggresive and you raaise, no partner you call 200 and if a 7 flops you bet the pot and hopes he pushes or if you wanted to be funny you could check the turn then push on the river in any case you represented aces or kings and he had the goods and thats it, you needed to have made trips there 8-8's or 4-4's

Sorry I did not see where in the hand you played it masterfully, you donated your chips away.

Thanks for the post its nice to see there are people out there doing this kind of stuff it gives me real hope I can win a lot of money in the future with my A game.

Have a great weekend.

bud

stephenNUTS 09-21-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the post its nice to see there are people out there doing this kind of stuff it gives me real hope I can win a lot of money in the future with my A game .

Have a great weekend.

bud

[/ QUOTE ]

The quality of posts and replies have dropped off dramatically of late in HSNL,and with the exception of a few(you know who you are)I can now see why many of the greater poker minds have the left the building!

zaxx19 09-21-2007 10:11 AM

Villain is solid player, semi TAG
Hero's been playing semi-LAG, but nothing major out of line
-----------------------------------------------------------

In other words he is a TAG player and you are a LAG player....considering that why not coldcall the flop and play poker not do exactly what he would expect of you and Raise-bluff a continuation bet on a ragged flop with no face card or Ace.

I know you note you havent gotten THAT out of line but that makes me feel you are actually fairly loose and stealing alot which is fine...but you need to take into account the opponent has you pegged as a LAG also so raising the flop is going to be less effective and less scary for the villain plus it takes away alot of options as far as turn play really.

Call the flop and play poker IMHO.