Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   another idea for FIGHT UIGEA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344351)

krupatime 03-01-2007 03:59 PM

another idea for FIGHT UIGEA

Good work THEENGINEER. I am with you. I have written letters to various politicians. However I am taking it a step futher by handing out copies of the letters to friends and family with an addressed and stamped envelope ready to go..so all they have to do is sign the letter and send it out. If we all do the same the letters the politicians recieve with increase by at least ten. I am also having them sign up for the PPA. Our friends won't take the initiative so we should do it for them. Every month I give them another letter etc etc. Lets all do the same. This prohibition should concern ALL americans. What else will the gov tell we us can or cannot do?

Patrick del Poker Grande 03-01-2007 04:38 PM

Re: another idea for FIGHT UIGEA

I'm not sure why this warranted a whole new thread, but anyway...

How effective are 32493497694376 of the same exact form letter? Doesn't this come out a bit weak? Don't they see that it's really one person or one group of people who have just convinced their friends to send in the same letter?

MiltonFriedman 03-01-2007 04:45 PM

We need MORE COWBELL !!

great avatar.

AZ_Holdem 03-01-2007 05:12 PM

Actually having 32493497694376 of the same form letter would be quite effective. It doesn't matter that they all say the same thing, its that politicians see that there are a lot of people who care about an issue. They realize that one group is behind all of the letters, but in submitting a multitude of letters that group has proven that it has some political muscle and ability to mobilize voters.

This is the way groups like MoveOn.org and Focus on the Family and whatever other groups on either side of the aisle work. If a politician gets many letters on issue they will take it into account.

The real problem here is that we can't get 32493497694376 people to send a letter to Congress. But if we could it would be absolutely effective.

Tuff_Fish 03-01-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The real problem here is that we can't get 324 people to send a letter to Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheEngineer 03-01-2007 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The real problem here is that we can't get 324 people to send a letter to Congress.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've had good participation on this week's action plan, especially as we just started doing this. True, we're not up to 324 yet, but the trend is headed in the right direction.

TheEngineer 03-01-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good work THEENGINEER. I am with you. I have written letters to various politicians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. We each have to fight to preserve our rights.

[ QUOTE ]
However I am taking it a step futher by handing out copies of the letters to friends and family with an addressed and stamped envelope ready to go..so all they have to do is sign the letter and send it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. I don't know if that's actually taking it a step further, but it's good to get more and more letters out there.

Thanks for the support!