Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

Spurious 11-02-2007 06:45 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

the omaha high sticky is probably the unfriendliest one i've ever read [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nemesis69 11-02-2007 06:46 PM

I'm scared to look now if i'm up or down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NL Newbie 11-02-2007 06:47 PM

beat: Lost motivation to play.

ICMoney 11-02-2007 06:57 PM

Congrats man.

That's a big chunk of change.

Long live donkaments.

Cash game players > 20bb players

ldo

Nemesis69 11-02-2007 07:09 PM

+10BI in a 2hour session. I <3 Friday nights [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Updating BBV tough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Spurious 11-02-2007 08:10 PM

I really want to start playing PLO, because in a few months its gonna really big and making money will be easy, but i cant convince myself.

NL Newbie 11-02-2007 08:18 PM

Whys that spur ?

creamfillin 11-02-2007 08:35 PM

Just thought I'd try a 6-max tourney for the hell of it; was doing well until... SET OVER SET - BUSTO.

[censored] gayz0rments.

StayHungry 11-02-2007 08:50 PM

Hey anyone, should most of the winnings at micros come from showdown winnings?

matrix 11-02-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got into an argument with my younger brother who is 23 about what is worse: drinking beer to excess two nights a week or smoking four bowls a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo drinking to excess is so much worse that smoking weed every day.

Alcohol kills more people every day than every other single illegal narcotic combined, by some distance. The vast majority of people killed by alcohol related stuff only go out and drink a couple of times a week but drink to excess.

Basically when you binge drink (drink lots in one night) you i) kill some brain cells ii) poison some liver cells. You CANNOT recover these losses they are irreversable and cumulative. (certianly after you hit ~25 or so when you stop growing, when you are 18 or so and still growing some people argue that your body can still rebuil itself) Lets say you start with a bajillion liver cells and 9 quadzillion brain cells and every session of your chosen poison kills 1000 of each - sooner or later you are going to run out of them.

Smoking isn't exactly healthy for you either and it depends a LOT on what you are actually smoking - the biggest next killer drug after alcohol is [drumroll] tobacco. If you mix your stuff with tobacco then probably you are doing approximately the same damage to yourself as excess drinking. Just in a different way. Certainly the tobacco that is mixed in is doing a ton more harm than your chosen additives.

It is thought that cannabis might contain anti cancer elements. altho it's now thought that smoking dope will trigger mental health problems (usually depression or schizophrenia, but ONLY where the person concerned already has these things latent in their brain - (the dope is the match that lights the blue touch paper, but if you don't have the blue touch paper you are fine...)) - there is nowhere near enough scientific evidence as far as I know to say for certain one way or another and scientists aren't free to go and check this out cos it's illegal.

A small amount of alcohol every day (about 1 25ml shot or half a mild beer) is good for you as well.

Don't do drugs - m'kay.

Seriously tho there is a ton of good info on alcohol/smoking and whatever else at erowid.org and they are the least biased telling it straight website I have ever read on this stuff.

Don't take my word for it - check it out yourself - google is your friend. Go read some actual research by actual scientists and make up your own mind.