Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   $43 million error at Party (screenshot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557392)

jasonfish11 11-30-2007 10:26 AM

Re: $43 million error at Party (screenshot)

Should have sat down at .05/.1 limit with the whole thing.

Lori 11-30-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now we just have to figure out how to bet your roll+1c, which is not allowed by software afaik.
Also, in theory, one could have a roll of 43M on party, join a limit table, win a pot, and his roll becomes 0 again? Unlikely scenario, but could be done if someone really put an effort into it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going to involve a rounding error of 0.00000001 somewhere along the line you'd imagine.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>

fringsrache 11-30-2007 10:41 AM

op ur a sick idiot. why didnt u talk to someone else before u told party?
man u just lost of lot of money....

for how long did u had the money in ur account?

MatthijsH 11-30-2007 10:42 AM

Funny how people actually think he had 43M at his disposal.....

Styhn 11-30-2007 10:45 AM

Someone please, PLEASE tell me this is fake and OP didn't really refuse a boatload of cash.

OodaThunkett 11-30-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now we just have to figure out how to bet your roll+1c, which is not allowed by software afaik.
Also, in theory, one could have a roll of 43M on party, join a limit table, win a pot, and his roll becomes 0 again? Unlikely scenario, but could be done if someone really put an effort into it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going to involve a rounding error of 0.00000001 somewhere along the line you'd imagine.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's intriguing. So it wasn't like they would miss the money? After all, it didn't really exist.

In which case, he could have kept betting the maximum on one number at roulette, waited until he hit and cashed out his net win, less the one cent. Because although the balance would have zeroed, the rest of the win would be registered. With average luck, (and assuming $500 is the maximum) he would have been left with a balance of about $9,000, which probably wouldn't have alerted anybody's suspicions.

fringsrache 11-30-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, it is 2^32 - 1 cents. If the OP had won $0.01
before contacting PartyPoker, his balance might become
zero. [ I don't think anyone can have a negative balance,
right? ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????? i understand nothing...

jasonfish11 11-30-2007 10:48 AM

This happened to me on AP, or one of the primas cant remember, once I got 13,000 and I couldnt do anything with it. My guess is this is the same. I couldnt sit at a talbe with it I couldnt cash it. He wasnt able to use the money at all is my guess.

john_all_in 11-30-2007 10:51 AM

Yep this has happened to me before too. Stan james or will hill cant remember which one. Had $53333.33333 or something stupid like that but couldnt actually do anything with it. Was pretty [censored] of, thought i had scored for 50k :O

OodaThunkett 11-30-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened to me on AP, or one of the primas cant remember, once I got 13,000 and I couldnt do anything with it. My guess is this is the same. I couldnt sit at a talbe with it I couldnt cash it. He wasnt able to use the money at all is my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, now you are just spoiling everything. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]