Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   hand against me: 77 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507184)

tyler_cracker 09-22-2007 11:18 PM

hand against me: 77

You are a friend of mine, playing live with me after a scrumptious dinner and rad dessert. Everyone else at the table is bad, mostly of the loose-passive variety. We sit at opposite ends of the table and play seriously.

I raise UTG+1. Someone coldcalls. You are on the button with 77 and coldcall. The blinds come along.

* FLOP * K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10 sb, 5 players)

it checks to me and i BET. guy in the middle folds. you RAISE. blinds fold. i 3BET.

what is your plan?

Landonfan 09-22-2007 11:23 PM

Re: hand against me: 77

Call flop and raise your turn bet. If 3bet on the turn, call down.

kerowo 09-22-2007 11:43 PM

So I'm heads up with my pal with bottom set after din din? There is only one question here really: who picked up the check?

sharpie 09-22-2007 11:47 PM

If there was a flush draw on board I'd probably cap the flop. Here I'd wait for the turn.

Bulletproof Monk 09-23-2007 12:18 AM

are there caps hu?

Aaron W. 09-23-2007 12:36 AM

Why did I coldcall your UTG raise preflop with only one other coldcaller in the pot? I guess I was very sure the blinds were coming along.

I call and raise the turn, then hate myself because I don't know whether you're smart enough not to 3-bet KQs on the turn.

Alternatively, I 4-bet now and then call down if you give me more problems.

tyler_cracker 09-23-2007 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm heads up with my pal with bottom set after din din? There is only one question here really: who picked up the check?

[/ QUOTE ]

he did because he is here for work and gets a per diem for food.

how does that help you decide what to do on the flop/turn?

tyler_cracker 09-23-2007 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are there caps hu?

[/ QUOTE ]

i should have said: 4 bets is a cap.

there is unlimited raising only when the street starts HU. in this hand, we can go 4 bets on the flop, then as many as we want on the turn and river.

kerowo 09-23-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he did because he is here for work and gets a per diem for food.

how does that help you decide what to do on the flop/turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much caffeine Bob?

Seriously though, my goal with this hand would be to pay the least amount of rake on it. So raise/call the flop and call down unless I hit quads.

tyler_cracker 09-23-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did I coldcall your UTG raise preflop with only one other coldcaller in the pot? I guess I was very sure the blinds were coming along.

[/ QUOTE ]

there might have been two coldcallers instead; i don't remember. but assuming just 1 coldcaller and loose blinds, do you just fold here?

[ QUOTE ]

I call and raise the turn, then hate myself because I don't know whether you're smart enough not to 3-bet KQs on the turn.

Alternatively, I 4-bet now and then call down if you give me more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am smart enough not to 3bet the turn with KQ. does that mean you prefer raising the turn?

also see my note about 4 bets being a cap. does it change your answer?