Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   This is cracking me up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495372)

DMSNI 09-06-2007 09:55 PM

This is cracking me up

Please tell me I will make money from this type of player in the long run.

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double-bets
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.50 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.50 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.50 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (11.50 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $46 Main pot $43.75 Rake $2.25

Hero: [Qd 6c Qs 8h 8s 5c 9c]

Seat 6: [2h 3c 4d 5h 6h Ks 2s] (A Straight, Six high)

</font>

Andy B 09-06-2007 10:34 PM

Re: This is cracking me up

I do. Whether or not you will remains to be seen.

DMSNI 09-06-2007 10:46 PM

"I do. Whether or not you will remains to be seen."

Do you mean you would have played this differently - I suppose a re-raise on 3rd might have got him out before he caught sight of his gut-shot developing.

That said from his playing here he seems like the type that while there might be 1 card left in the deck that could help him hes going to play on.

Andy B 09-06-2007 11:08 PM

With a caller between the completer and you, I think calling think flat-calling third is correct. You played this hand about as well as it could be played.

I was being a smart-ass. I have no clue if there's hope for you or not.

xxeximusxx 09-07-2007 12:03 AM

He had an open ended straight draw you fish...

Rush17 09-07-2007 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he didn't. Take a closer look....His board was 4365 and his hole cards were K22. He probably had pocket deuces, But, that means on 4th street, he called a double bet with (22)43. So, are you saying that you'd call a big bet with that hand after someone pairs their doorcard? (this is stud high, right?)

Andy B 09-07-2007 01:54 AM

Read the hand again. This is uncalled for in any case.

Merton0806 09-07-2007 05:43 AM

OP fold third please

DMSNI 09-07-2007 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On 4th he is likely drawing to a str8. On 5th there are two fives out and he has XX436 either a gutshot or he has a five in the hole and is open-ended. Do you mean I should automatically assume he is open-ended because he called my double-bet?

Im not sure if pokertracker gets the hidden cards right on crypto sites but on PT it says he started with 2K4.

In the end he had a gutshot and kept calling with two of the cards he needed gone. This is Cryptologic remember.

Brad1970 09-07-2007 09:39 AM

Looks like a pretty standard stud hi hand to me....