Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Duke LaCrosse Team (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375913)

funkytown 04-11-2007 10:13 AM

Duke LaCrosse Team

Well, let's hear your comments about this subject! Now that the charges have been dropped, I think those kids from the LaCrosse team should sue Nifongs ass and make him as miserable and a social derilict as he's made those young men.

Uglyowl 04-11-2007 10:37 AM

Re: Duke LaCrosse Team

The Rutgers girls basketball team were much more damaged by Imus’s comments than the Duke lacrosse players from the black stripper’s lies; lets not try to change the subject.

By the way I hate Don Imus and him scamming people out of money for his ranch (his palace).

funkytown 04-11-2007 10:41 AM

This is a new thread or did you miss that class in remedial reading?

Uglyowl 04-11-2007 10:52 AM

Mr. Funkytown, I was being sarcastic. I bet the Duke case will be buried at the end of the news tonight after 10 minutes of IMUS talk.

I am amazed how this Don Imus story has taken off and how “damaged” the Rutgers girls basketball team is. The news is acting like this is the worst thing that has happened to anyone ever.

Compare that to the damage that these kids from Duke have endured is laughable. The Duke case is a hundred times worse than what these Rutgers girls have been through.

These kids should get paid a lot of money for the crap they have endured and Nifong should go to jail for a very long time. I doubt either will happen.

funkytown 04-11-2007 10:53 AM

Much agreed.

NCAces 04-11-2007 11:59 AM

Legally, this could make for an interesting case. Nifong obviously has certain immunity protection for prosecuting people ... otherwise everyone who was ever found not guilty would sue the DA. That said, there are some limitations to this immunity that I think Nifong would have a hard time defending against. From what I have read, his actions could easily be found to have been grossly negligent with a reckless disregard for the consequences of his actions, the standard I believe the students would have to prove.

NCAces

AlexM 04-11-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Legally, this could make for an interesting case. Nifong obviously has certain immunity protection for prosecuting people ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but if he's trying to convict people when he has evidence that they're innocent or similar, he should at the very least be fired, if not sued or more.

NCAces 04-11-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Legally, this could make for an interesting case. Nifong obviously has certain immunity protection for prosecuting people ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but if he's trying to convict people when he has evidence that they're innocent or similar, he should at the very least be fired, if not sued or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex ... did you read my entire post? I obviously agree with what you say ... he has serious problems here. I believe that the students will be able to get past his immunity.

NCAces

Utah 04-11-2007 01:52 PM

I really hope the kids and their families go on offense against the accuser, Duke, Duke Faculty, Nifong, Durham, and anyone else that either knowingly went after them or threw them under the bus.

ojc02 04-11-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't they at least be able to sue him for deliberate infliction of emotional distress? I normally really hate when people sue for that because it's usually BS but in this case they've seriously been [censored] with.