Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   2NL: TPTK faces aggression on otherwise dry board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544284)

JereLock 11-12-2007 01:01 PM

2NL: TPTK faces aggression on otherwise dry board

10 hands in, so I consider stats irrelevant

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $0.44
BTN: $2.77
SB: $1.99
BB: $1.66
UTG: $3.30
UTG+1: $2.76
Hero (MP1): $2.22
MP2: $7.37

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $0.12</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.39) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.20</font>, MP2 calls $0.20, UTG folds

Turn: ($0.79) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets $0.52</font>, Hero ???

Should I have even pf called this? I figured I had position with a decent hand. What about checking the turn? Would a smaller probing bet instead of 10bb bet on the flop have been better?

His turn raise told me kk-aa... was I right here?
Thanks!

Brimstead 11-12-2007 01:29 PM

Re: 2NL: TPTK faces aggression on otherwise dry board

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have even pf called this? I figured I had position with a decent hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you shouldn't have. You neither have position on the raiser or much of a hand. QJo is easily dominated in these spots, and if you pick up a draw you must play it OOP, which is not easy. Fold PF.

[ QUOTE ]
Would a smaller probing bet instead of 10bb bet on the flop have been better?

[/ QUOTE ]

As played, I would bet more on the flop. I'm not a fan of "probing bets", they are an obvious sign of weakness. If i had AA or KK here i might just call that bet. I might also call with AK ands hope that i'll get a chance to take it away on the turn. If you bet 2/3 or full pot and he calls you have a better idea whether you are facing a real hand or not.
In view of this, im not sure whether i would fold the turn or not. I think i might have bet the turn and then shut down if called.

unseen 11-13-2007 03:39 AM

I fold preflop.

On the flop you see why. I don't know what to do here.

Bet (more)? Maybe a good option but I would feel very uncomfortable.

Check? Safer, but you fold to any bet behind and gain nothing if checked behind.

So better not see a flop here. ;-)

alex-star 11-13-2007 12:39 PM

fold preflop. as played bet 1/2-2/3 of pot on the turn and fold if raised. check/fold the river.