Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   WTF!?!?! asdf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553754)

shpanko 11-24-2007 08:46 PM

WTF!?!?! asdf

No reads since this is my 5th hand at the table. Villain isn't fully stacked though fwiw so he's prob not great

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $188.60
UTG: $200
Hero (BTN): $199
SB: $34.20

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26</font>, SB folds, BB calls $24, UTG folds

Flop: ($60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($60) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $162.60 and is All-In</font>, Hero?

ofishstix 11-24-2007 08:49 PM

Re: WTF!?!?! asdf

being only 12 short could just be that he didnt notice he was short. couldnt this be AK/AQ that tried to c/r flop, was scared of turn, then on river realized his hand was good. so rarely is this a bluff. nh the whole way.

Bramsterdam 11-24-2007 08:49 PM

Strange spott, I can't believe villain checked an A three times to you.

Looks like he's turning some kind of mid pair into a bluff. He might have slowplaying AK till the end, because he figured you'd valuebet QQ+ on the river, but I'm looking villain up here.

Xanta 11-24-2007 08:51 PM

Though villain sucks, it's worth noting that your hand is at the very very top of your range.

cs3 11-24-2007 08:52 PM

id prefer a turn b/f, but after getting to the river how you did i snap call this.
if he has an A he cant expect you to bet the river after you check both flop and turn, and i would never expect him to check 3 streets with Ax

Xanta 11-24-2007 08:56 PM

I think he's got AA or we beat him. I call this especially if I think he can hand read.

Unknown Soldier 11-24-2007 08:56 PM

really isn't a snap anything. xanta, i don't really think game theory comes into it here.

I think it's a call one of those shrug your shoulders spot, because there's not much we can say here. However, his line suggests he's a donkey.

cs3, not necessarily

cs3 11-24-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

cs3, not necessarily

[/ QUOTE ]
he wouldnt neccessarily check 3 times with AX or you wouldnt neccessarily prefer b/f the turn?

SlowRoll 11-24-2007 09:00 PM

I think he has a boat, probaly 22, too often tbh, so i fold.

Xanta 11-24-2007 09:01 PM

yeah i edited out snap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I mean, his range is just soooo narrow here it's nuts. Unless he's ccing pf with Axs and then waited to the river to go for value (which would actually be decent postflop play) then wtf can he have?

I dunno, it's either AA or a 'fu, you can't call a shove' type spots.