Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AKo in Blind Battle. Interesting flop decision (at least for me) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362991)

loveinvain 03-24-2007 10:57 AM

AKo in Blind Battle. Interesting flop decision (at least for me)

PartyPoker NL100.

Villain is an unknown playing his first orbit at this table. He has 98 USD, I have him covered.

Folded to me in SB, I raise to 2.50 with As Kh, BB calls.

Flop is Ts 2c Kd.

I bet 4, BB raises to 11.

What now? Obv I'm not folding but is calling or raising better and why? And what's my plan for the rest of the hand.

loveinvain 03-24-2007 05:47 PM

Re: AKo in Blind Battle. Interesting flop decision (at least for me)

Bump. Anyone?

Missile Crisis 03-24-2007 07:00 PM

Raise more preflop, at least 3. 3 bet the flop to 34ish. Villain will often think you're FOS and stack off here with KQ or even worse in a blind battle. Call a shove. If he has KT curse the gods and move on. If just calls the 3 bet, shove turn obv.

Jojje_2k 03-24-2007 07:05 PM

Call and call a turn-bet

Sh@i'tan 03-24-2007 07:10 PM

raise to 3 pf if not more, as played on the flop bump it up to 35 and call a shove or u can call and stack a donk on the turn(ch/r the turn). whatever you do just don't fold.

KEW 03-24-2007 07:15 PM

In a BvB I like to call the flop raise,C/C turn and B/F river..

Villain will be raising a wide range on the flop but will not call a 3 bet with the same range...On the turn you will also get a wide range of bets outa villain..Leading river will gets calls from worse hands and can fold with confidence if you get raised...

Missile Crisis 03-24-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a BvB I like to call the flop raise,C/C turn and B/F river..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad with 100 bb IMO. Pot is 27ish going into turn, if he bets 20 on turn the pot is close to 70 going into the river and you've got about a PSB left. What are you gonna do bet 1/2 pot and fold getting 50-1?

Also he is checking behind the turn with weaker kings a lot unless he thinks you're a station for some reason.

KEW 03-24-2007 07:57 PM

obv if the pot is that big on river you will not be folding..

Yes weaker Ks may check the turn thru??? If villain checks weak Ks on turn he is not calling a flop shove with those same weak Ks but he will call a PSB on the river..Checking turn and betting river will maximize OPs value over villain likely range IMO..

BvB a flop raise doesn't always indicate a great deal of strength..In fact it usually is a weaker hand testing the SB stealer..

Note: just realized this is PARTY so take my advice with a grain of salt..How I miss you Party

Missile Crisis 03-24-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BvB a flop raise doesn't always indicate a great deal of strength..In fact it usually is a weaker hand testing the SB stealer..

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why a 3 bet on the flop looks like BS to a lot of players. I just don't think the value you extract from a weaker hand taking a passive line makes up for the value you lose the times a player takes a stand with KQ. I think a good player often times will be more inclined to pay you off taking the aggressive line than the passive one.

[ QUOTE ]
How I miss you Party

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha indeed.

loveinvain 03-24-2007 09:05 PM

A different idea

Normally I would just 3bet the flop but someone gave me another idea which I rather like the more I think about it. Call the flop raise and lead any turn.

Thoughts?