Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mini Series of Poker At the Bike (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=275606)

djrect 12-05-2006 11:12 AM

Mini Series of Poker At the Bike

I have been interested in this tournament for a while now because I do not have a big enough roll for the actually WSOP but the Mini series seems awesome with the smaller buy-ins. Can any give me any info like how the tournaments are? Are they good tournaments or just a waste of time? Also the room must be packed with people so the cash games must be full of action

MoneyFunnel 12-05-2006 02:16 PM

Re: Mini Series of Poker At the Bike

Do it (you plan ahead don't you) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I played in the Stud H/L event this year and it was great IMO. It was run well and there was a good turnout for Stud H/L. The only drawback was that it was during a heat spell and the AC was barely working.

Rick Nebiolo 12-05-2006 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been interested in this tournament for a while now because I do not have a big enough roll for the actually WSOP but the Mini series seems awesome with the smaller buy-ins. Can any give me any info like how the tournaments are? Are they good tournaments or just a waste of time? Also the room must be packed with people so the cash games must be full of action

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bike holds a lot of two to four week tournaments with moderate buy-ins, check
this page from their web site for info. They are generally well run and attended and help the action on the floor.

~ Rick

djrect 12-05-2006 04:50 PM

To get more specific, when they are running their tournaments, how long are the levels and do you start with a good amount of chips? I am just looking for anyone who has played in their events and hope to learn some insight. It is so far away, but for the past two years I have wanted to play in it.

Rottersod 12-05-2006 07:40 PM

Take a look at the page Rick linked above and you will see when they are running their tourneys. The ones' in the $100 - $500 buy in levels are not deep stacked and fairly quickly they become 50/50 props.

biglynes 12-05-2006 08:00 PM

And then realize that you're getting a better deal than their daily tourneaments. (30+10?!)

Rottersod 12-06-2006 04:08 AM

Those daily tourneys (they are held at 12:15) are just donkaments and the people that play them understand that. You're just killing a few hours and hoping to get lucky and in the money. By the time you are down to 4 tables it's an all in fest.

I've done OK at some of the larger special tourneys there but they are still chancy propositions fairly soon after the first break. I realized that I could be making a lot more money playing the ring games.