Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Folding an overfull to river minraise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558326)

TheRempel 12-01-2007 12:45 AM

Re: Folding an overfull to river minraise

KT, AQ, pretty much anything if he thinks Wazz is too aggro. Villain really was pretty dumb and made small 3bets and folded to a 4bet on paired boards a lot. He also called a lot with really weak hands like top and bottom pair on monotone boards.

Hattifnatt 12-01-2007 09:26 AM

good fold, he most probably has them aces.

aggressive factor on a specific street (not preflop) after <200 hands can pretty much be ignored.

grizy 12-01-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good fold, he most probably has them aces.

aggressive factor on a specific street (not preflop) after <200 hands can pretty much be ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I have your crystal ball?

crashwhips 12-01-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I have been burned more times than I can count by using skewed AF stats from not enough hands.

Also, bet % and raise % of a specific street is generally a better measure of how someone plays than aggression factor imo.

chucky 12-01-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I have been burned more times than I can count by using skewed AF stats from not enough hands.

Also, bet % and raise % of a specific street is generally a better measure of how someone plays than aggression factor imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this may be true, but hero played the hand like he flopped a straight.

praios 12-01-2007 10:02 PM

i call the river

cmyr 12-01-2007 11:41 PM

I hate the river, since your hand is pretty disguised. He might just be trying to get value with a flush against what he thinks is a flopped straight.

Any chance you were tilting during this hand? It's just an odd line. I mean obv AA or JJ makes sense, but so do quite a few other hands, and it looks like a pure pot odds question.

gordo16 12-01-2007 11:43 PM

I know that there is no way to know but I think his range is ridiculous polarized to AJxx or a stupid value-raise with a flush in this hand... I just feel it..

grizy 12-02-2007 12:14 AM

Not that it contributes much to the analysis, but the hand I expect to see the most here IS AJ with flush draw possibly with a T or K for gut shot to chop.

EDIT: Come to think of it, naked sets dont' make much sense here on the cold turn call. So yeah, if anything, villain's hand is polarized toward the AJ range.