Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ordering Takeout (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545436)

twonine29 11-13-2007 07:01 PM

Ordering Takeout

i can't bring myself to cook regularly...i'll make myself a sandwich/hamburger helper/eggs&bacon maybe twice a week...the other 5 days i'm constantly ordering subs/chinese/pizza/any type of takeout/delivery.

Lazyness? Takeout-disorder? Can't fend for myself disorder? just normal college lifestyle?

not really concerned...just found it intriguing as i was placing an order for a Chicken Caesar salad and a side of fries when i could easily throw in a frozen pizza or make a tuna sandwich.

Pog0 11-13-2007 07:22 PM

Re: Ordering Takeout

I live off of takeout and pre-cooked chicken wings.

I'll make myself breakfast every 2 weeks or so.

I hear people can get joy out of cooking, and cooking for others can be fun, but I'd say you can write this one off as just a normal college lifestyle.

Henry17 11-13-2007 07:27 PM

Cooking isn't worth the effort. I either go to a restaurant or order delivery pretty much every meal. The first 6 years in this apartment I had never turned on the stove once. Now that I have a Gf she'll make dinner once or twice a week.

doppelganger 11-13-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cooking isn't worth the effort. I either go to a restaurant or order delivery pretty much every meal. The first 6 years in this apartment I had never turned on the stove once. Now that I have a Gf she'll make dinner once or twice a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably depends on your income and the value you place on your time. For a broke college student cooking more meals at home can save a lot of money for extra beer and women. Honestly, it doesn't take any more time to cook a simple meal than it does to wait for a delivery - delivery just frees up the 30-40 minutes you would've spent cooking to do something else.

sonneti 11-14-2007 12:29 PM

The quality of food you can cook is way better than buying take away but there is a bit of a learning curve involved. Takes me around 15 mins to cook a massive pot of chilli/taco's/bolognese/etc & serves like 7 people... or myself 7 times & it's so cheap its practically free.

Yads 11-14-2007 12:32 PM

How does it take you 15 minutes to cook a pot of chili?

istewart 11-14-2007 12:38 PM

I cook basically everything because nothing is healthy here, but man, campusfood makes it so [censored] easy.

traz 11-14-2007 12:40 PM

Most of my meals are takeout/store bought.

Young bachelor + no cooking ability + lazy ass + too much money.

I will either find a woman who will cook for me, or I will never eat home cooked food on a regular basis.

bobman0330 11-14-2007 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does it take you 15 minutes to cook a pot of chili?

[/ QUOTE ]

1 minute to open the can and pour the chili into a pot, 14 minutes to heat to serving temperature. pretty simple, really.

mbillie1 11-14-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The quality of food you can cook is way better than buying take away

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you've never eaten one of my trademarked "exploded, disgusting hotdogs" or "mac and cheese with powdery clumps of dried cheese mixture clinging to the fork"

for some of us, delivery/takeout is as gourmet as it gets [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i'm waiting for my groundbreaking wednesday lunch to arrive:

chicken fingers w/ bbq sauce
fries
turkey sub
macaroni salad
bag of chips
mountain dew

if only they delivered cigarettes and toilet paper, i'd never leave the office