Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   200 NL - Some Hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557307)

SABR42 11-29-2007 06:03 PM

Re: 200 NL - Some Hands

#1: easy shove against loose half-stack.
#2: call.
#3: Usually bet turn, but your line is fine too.

RapidLearner 11-29-2007 06:35 PM

Hand 1: I'd probably jam this given villain's stats and the drawy board. You'll see 65, 55, flush draw here quite a bit.

Hand 2: Call is good. 5.7:1 odds.

Hand 3: Reasonable. Are you planning on folding to large raises? Also, consider checking if you feel villain will bluff his busted draws.

pterodactyl_ 11-29-2007 06:52 PM

If you think ive been floating you a lot then i like c/r on the turn. However, if you think I've been playing starightforward then betting again will probably get more value out of AQ/AJ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Did I have AQ here?

mab812 11-29-2007 06:56 PM

do you think a check on the river with an offsuit 2 would induce a bluff? or a bet by a weaker ace? and even if you c/raise...a bluff obviously won't call, and a weaker ace might not as well.

As played, you can get a weak ace A10/aj/aQ to make a crying call?

correct? i dont know if you'd get more value by checkraising the river there.

ASPoker8 11-29-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think ive been floating you a lot then i like c/r on the turn. However, if you think I've been playing starightforward then betting again will probably get more value out of AQ/AJ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Did I have AQ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and I was so pissed because if the river is a blankish type card I'm going to c/r river and it probably works

ASPoker8 11-29-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think a check on the river with an offsuit 2 would induce a bluff? or a bet by a weaker ace? and even if you c/raise...a bluff obviously won't call, and a weaker ace might not as well.

As played, you can get a weak ace A10/aj/aQ to make a crying call?

correct? i dont know if you'd get more value by checkraising the river there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players are valuebetting AQ/AJ/AT 100% on a blank (2o) river. They should also be betting any random floats or unimproved weak type hands when I check to them after raising pf, cbetting A-hi flop, and shutting down.

CalledDownLight 11-29-2007 07:14 PM

1. shove
2. call
3. I would probably either fire 3 streets or go for the c/r on the river also. I assume you missed one on the turn right?

edit: ok, I see that you did miss a c/r. Thats fine. Are we not c/r the river because we think AJ is a big part of his range or because he isn't going to bet hands worse than AQ because you're calling with Ax and chopping a lot of the time?

ASPoker8 11-29-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. shove
2. call
3. I would probably either fire 3 streets or go for the c/r on the river also. I assume you missed one on the turn right?

edit: ok, I see that you did miss a c/r. Thats fine. Are we not c/r the river because we think AJ is a big part of his range or because he isn't going to bet hands worse than AQ because you're calling with Ax and chopping a lot of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

The J is a bad rivercard to c/r because the c/r becomes ineffective since it won't work against hands like AQ anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

iponnet 11-29-2007 07:26 PM

1.shove
2.call is good, call reasonable river bet
3.played well