Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Who is your favorite poker player? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540755)

KampfHase 11-07-2007 07:39 PM

Re: Who is your favorite poker player?

[ QUOTE ]
How come S&M didn't make the list?

[/ QUOTE ]
The list does not claim completeness. It simply lists all the names that came to my mind when writing it. Thus, it mostly contains players known from televised poker games, such as the WSOP, Poker After Dark, or High Stakes Poker.
However, you are right: Sklansky and Miller deserved a place in the pol. I simply forgot to add them. Sorry for that.

JuntMonkey 11-07-2007 07:44 PM

Why did you leave John Gale out you fascist?

That being said, I voted for Howard Lederer. I like when he talks about how he played $2/$4 limit and lost for years until he got better. Then him and good ole' Annie say that to get world class, you have to spend 40 hours a week with your ass in the chair for 10 years.

KampfHase 11-07-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you leave John Gale out you fascist?

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, the list does not claim completeness. Unfortunatly, I didn't find any complete list of known and accomplished poker players I could rely on. (I am not a fascist.)

Wizzy33 11-07-2007 07:56 PM

how do you not have patrik antonius in this list

timmay28 11-07-2007 07:58 PM

Jamie Gold

Garry Breenstein 11-07-2007 08:05 PM

Voted for my fellow Barry Greenstein.
Mostly because of the trendy way he dresses.

Edit:just noticed that Johnny Moss is missing too, but it's hard to think of a complete list of poker players, anyway gj op.

KampfHase 11-07-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you not have patrik antonius in this list

[/ QUOTE ]
The list does not claim completeness. It simply lists all the names that came to my mind when writing it. Thus, it mostly contains players known from televised poker games, such as the WSOP, Poker After Dark, or High Stakes Poker.
However, sorry for not adding P. Antonius.

KampfHase 11-07-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

KampfHase 11-07-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just noticed that Johnny Moss is missing too, but it's hard to think of a complete list of poker players, anyway gj op.

[/ QUOTE ]
I started to make a record of every name that is not listed. Let's see where this leads to... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nairb 11-07-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure this is a level due to the relative stupidity of this thread and the 10 foot pole at the beginning of it.

If I had to pick one player that is my favorite it would be,

ummmmm

well

ummm

ME!!!