Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Q4s riverbluff again...NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525767)

higHstaKesOwneR 10-18-2007 12:03 PM

Q4s riverbluff again...NLTRN

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1320)
Hero (t1680)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t30.

Flop: (t120) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, BB calls t120.

Turn: (t360) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t360) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t180</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t660</font>

Villian: solid and aggresiv player

minraising was my standardraise in the 15/30 blindlimit
preflop might be lose but till i don't commit much chips and become the aggresor in the hand i think it's not a big mistake (for mir is no mistake... don't know how you guys think about it)

flopped the monsterdraw and pot it
do you bet the turn?
on the river i was feeling he was weak... no way he plays a very strong made hand on the flop c/c and check turn...
i really can't see him holding much hands with which he can make a call
the problem is, that i would also protect my strong made hands on the turn and don't cb :/

it a hand in which i knew he is kinda weak and he knows i am kinda weak but i think a call is still tough for him

Vinetou 10-18-2007 12:08 PM

Re: Q4s riverbluff again...

I bet turn here everytime. If he calls, I bet the river also. Your line is not convincing. If you had something, you would bet turn, right? Again, I don't like this line. I see you mess a lot with bluffs. My advice is: if you bluff, fire turn. Once you check turn, the chance of you getting called is very high.

People_Mover 10-18-2007 12:21 PM

what the heck are you representing? You still have a good draw on the turn, so fire away

higHstaKesOwneR 10-18-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the heck are you representing? You still have a good draw on the turn, so fire away

[/ QUOTE ]
yeh that's the prob i am repping a bluff :/

En Passant 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

Not betting turn is bad. Also, please say that this is for a SNG in the subject line next time.

Landonfan 10-18-2007 06:40 PM

Bet the turn.

I would call your river raise probably with any pair or ace high, just because your line makes no sense. What are you repping here?

ChicagoRy 10-18-2007 07:08 PM

Bad board for this line, you're getting looked up by any pair too often, and a lot of villains are going to play this board scared until every draw misses on this river.

daveT 10-18-2007 07:11 PM

PF if fine IMO, except I would like to see a larger raise, but that is not as important as post-flop. It is a terrible board to attempt this line with, as you could be up against a zillion things that would make this call fairly standard, especially if you know you villain is fairly solid.

monk007 10-18-2007 07:50 PM

Bet turn, bet river. In your case IMO - fold river - you are too many times against any small pair.