Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I got the ace, what have they got? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550845)

Wolfram 11-20-2007 06:41 PM

I got the ace, what have they got?

Is this an easy value-bet or should I check/call? What's the likelihood that my hand is best here?

Btn: 34/10/2.2
BB: 50/17.6/0.71

Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, Btn coldcalls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, Btn calls, BB calls

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, Btn calls, BB calls

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero?

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-20-2007 06:46 PM

Re: I got the ace, what have they got?

Btn is too agressive to be calling down with an ace yes?

I think a WTSD number would be good here. You have BTN beat unless he made two pair, but is either of these players gon to call you with a K on the river?

Sushiglutton 11-20-2007 06:46 PM

I would bet. BB seems loose and will surely pay off with Kx, maybe even worse. I think you will often chop to an Ax.

djmeehan 11-20-2007 06:47 PM

Muck this preflop from the hijack, but considering you got to the river against a calling station and another loose player I would bet for value. Don't be surprised when you get paid off by KTs and 33's.

milesdyson 11-20-2007 06:47 PM

i despise little offsuit aces in the hijack. the river is a bet. yeah you don't have a kicker but only A9/AT/AJ do and AT/AJ 3-bet preflop at least sometimes. so there is a decent chance you get two calls out of kings or a call from a king and then one from QJ/QT or QsXs.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-20-2007 06:47 PM

If we think we're chopping to the button whats the point in betting? Wouldnt we be better of to check and see if the over agro Button takes a stab?

milesdyson 11-20-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we think we're chopping to the button whats the point in betting? Wouldnt we be better of to check and see if the over agro Button takes a stab?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'd never call those stats "over agro"

anyway if you don't bet you can't get called by Kx. and Kx is not too likely to bet 3-way when you check on this board.

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-20-2007 06:51 PM

Do many 2.2 Af players just call threw the river with a better ace?

I agree that we should bet but an othe rposter said he thinks we're chopping to the BB. If thats the case and the btn obv. doesnt have us beat I was asking if it was better to check

inferno 11-21-2007 05:27 AM

yesbet

Oink 11-21-2007 05:31 AM

I play this hand in a low rake game if and only if I dont have loose players righte to my left

In a high rake game I never play it

River is a bet but you knew that

@ZOMG_RIGGED

His postflop AF is prolly not converged yet. Unless OP has 1000+ hands on him we cant really be sure its not 1.4 or 3 or whatever. Its a crap stat that takes too long to converge and people should stop using it.