Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467862)

MrWookie 08-02-2007 07:53 PM

All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

The choice for this one was nearly unanimous, in honor of the conclusion of the great Neteller fiasco. Enjoy!

Brain 08-02-2007 07:57 PM

Re: All My Money Are Belong to Me (NC Thread)

Holla for last post and first post!

bravos1 08-02-2007 07:59 PM

IBTL .. wait that won't happen...

OK, IBTCF.. that will def happen!

Brain 08-02-2007 08:01 PM

Also, who ended up with the KOTKP title? I haven't seen it, but I'm not searching through everybody's profile/posts.

Gib 08-02-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen it, but I'm not searching through everybody's profile/posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, sure ur not... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Brain 08-02-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen it, but I'm not searching through everybody's profile/posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, sure ur not... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhh.....

KingOtter 08-02-2007 09:35 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Limit -> NL forum.

bennyhana 08-02-2007 09:40 PM

OK, so here's my NETeller story. I see Wooks post about getting our money, so I put in my withdrawl request. Just so happens it is the same day I get an e-mail from Full Tilt about a 50% deposit bonus. I turn to my wife and say, "I think I need to do some bonus whoring again". She's like, "whatever". And I'm like(in the back of my mind), "cool".

So I read the e-mail from FTP and it says I can deposit using a credit card. I'm thinking, well I've tried that in the past and it didn't work, but what the hell, I'll give it another try. Um yeah, it worked, cool.

So I drop $200 on there and get the 50% bonus and log in and try and find a table. I see some 30+% tables with pots>$10 so I open up a couple and buy in for the default. I figure I'd just grind this bonus out at .5/1 and see how it goes. I'm playing my game, taking it easy, winning a few pots and thinking, "Damn, it sure is nice to see some pots over $20 again". I play a few more orbits, win a few more pots and then notice I'm throwing 2 bucks in on the turn and the river. wtf? Holy [censored], I'm playing 1/2. Cool. These guys suck. lol. So I'm up about 40bb and thinking to myself that I need to just take the win and run, but I can't stop playing. My stack keeps swelling and I'm starting to get flashbacks from a year ago. Anyway, I think I ran super hot(well I know I did), but I'm gonna stick with it for a while and see.

Here is my sick ass start:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...nkath1/1.2.jpg

Sometimes I just flat out love poker. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, btw, my last 7k hands were 6 max. I must say, it has definately improved my game and switching back to full ring is a very nice change of pace.

Thanks Ozi and thanks microers!

NIX 08-02-2007 09:41 PM

Just got off the phone with my girlfriend. I knew that her neighbor who was a close friend of the family had recently died and her family was going to put the house up for sale. My girlfriend's mom didn't like the people who were going to buy the house, so her parents put up the money to pay for it themselves. Her parents don't need the house, so they are giving it to my girlfriend for half cost. We've been looking to buy a house together for about a year, and now we're getting one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(Footnote for Wookie: The house is nice, but it's in a worse location than Potsdam.)

MrWookie 08-02-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
worse location than Potsdam

[/ QUOTE ]

http://b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/Scan...lodingHead.gif

Harv72b 08-02-2007 09:55 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker.

4.57 hours.
1,275 hands.
.25/.50 6max.
VPIP: 25.73
PFR: 17.18
W$WSF: 33.26
Result: -120 BBs.

I really [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] poker.

Bona 08-02-2007 10:01 PM

Sustainable? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gib 08-02-2007 10:14 PM

Some pop song is on the radio & keep thinking the lyrics should be:

STOP! SHOWDOWN BABY!!

Bilgefisher 08-02-2007 11:43 PM

sorry about the blow up in the last nc thread. Really wasn't called for. I lost 1/4 my bankroll in those two sessions. Very humbling. My camp trip this weekend couldn't have come at a better time. I think I'll take the advice to drop a limit for some hands to boost the confidence back up when i get back.

Gib 08-02-2007 11:45 PM

gogogogogogogo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bennyhana 08-03-2007 12:14 AM

is it me, or does FTP come out with a new software to install every day?

V4P 08-03-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it me, or does FTP come out with a new software to install every day?

[/ QUOTE ]

just you

Gib 08-03-2007 01:02 AM

lol Elton John wants the interwebs banned: http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...&eid=-6787

those tubes must be clogged with ipods??!

MrWookie 08-03-2007 01:37 AM

Speaking of Neteller, if you guys just got gifted with $3k you'd assumed was long gone, what would you treat yourselves with? Yes yes, hookers and blow, but presume you already HAD hookers and blow.

bennyhana 08-03-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Neteller, if you guys just got gifted with $3k you'd assumed was long gone, what would you treat yourselves with? Yes yes, hookers and blow, but presume you already HAD hookers and blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, PS3, large TV, home theater, car audio, golf clubs/accessories, green fees, br for 5/10, digital camera/video cam. Just to name a few.

Wetdog 08-03-2007 01:46 AM

In honor of all of our monies belonging to us, I stole gobbomom's birthday cake

http://users.beol.net/chuknzig/Chuck...rthdayCake.jpg

Xylocain 08-03-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but presume you already HAD hookers and blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] Thinly veiled brag
[ ] Beat
[x] I read that rock-stars do coke
[x] No you didn't

MrWookie 08-03-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, PS3, large TV, home theater, car audio, golf clubs/accessories, green fees, br for 5/10, digital camera/video cam. Just to name a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Wii and don't really need another console, I have the large TV, home audio makes the list, I don't play golf, I got a roll for 5/10 and 3k wouldn't quite roll me for 10/20. I'm going to be playing 100 NL for the next bit, anyway.

bravos1 08-03-2007 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$3k BLACK! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Why 6max is Soooooooo fun!
my past 1.5 hours...
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3001/fishmaxgi0.jpg

bravos1 08-03-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a roll for 5/10 and 3k wouldn't quite roll me for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wook.. what are you BR standards? I know you're rolled for 5/10 cuz you play it all the time as what seems to be your main game. What I don't understand is how another 300BB @ 5/10 doesn't get your roll to play 10/20.

Say your standards are 500BB and you currently have only 650BB for 5/10.. add another 300BB to that and you now have 475BB for 10/20 (that's pretty close.. at least close enough for a shot or two).

My vote... take some time off and go to Vegas or a nice little vacation that doesn't even have to include any poker.

I guess you could always pay off your student loans assuming you have any... I know.. way to responsible and practical.. what do you expect from someone my age [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BigBadBabar 08-03-2007 03:36 AM

dear bravos, pls to be s'ing tfu,

sincerely, babar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

this is the 6max session i just finished:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/todaylol.jpg

bravos1 08-03-2007 03:37 AM

lollercoaster... 6max variance would definitely make a FR nit's head ASPLODE!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4...coastermj4.jpg

bravos1 08-03-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dear bravos, pls to be s'ing tfu,

sincerely, babar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

this is the 6max session i just finished:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/todaylol.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are down what??? 2.5BBs... hmm Boo Hoo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Gib 08-03-2007 05:34 AM

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Qd (straight, ten high).
Button has 4h 5d (flush, nine high).
Outcome: Button wins 8.50 BB. </font>

Gib 08-03-2007 06:08 AM

aarrrghhh, i hate this guy!! he's 60/13 &amp; river-tastic!!

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

MP has 7c 5c (flush, nine high).
Hero has Th Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: MP wins 9.20 BB. </font>

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

UTG has Qc 9d (flush, ace high).
Hero has 7c 8c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG wins 10.50 BB. </font>

kerowo 08-03-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. Mariner's season tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.

JavaNut 08-03-2007 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. Mariner's season tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. And I was going for 'beer'. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

MrWookie 08-03-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a roll for 5/10 and 3k wouldn't quite roll me for 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wook.. what are you BR standards? I know you're rolled for 5/10 cuz you play it all the time as what seems to be your main game. What I don't understand is how another 300BB @ 5/10 doesn't get your roll to play 10/20.

Say your standards are 500BB and you currently have only 650BB for 5/10.. add another 300BB to that and you now have 475BB for 10/20 (that's pretty close.. at least close enough for a shot or two).

My vote... take some time off and go to Vegas or a nice little vacation that doesn't even have to include any poker.

I guess you could always pay off your student loans assuming you have any... I know.. way to responsible and practical.. what do you expect from someone my age [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my BR standards have usually been at least 500 BB. Currently, I'm at about 450 for 5/10. I've posted my graph, so you might remember that I'm just pulling out of some bad variance. I'd been playing a little shy of my usual requirements, anyway. This 3k, if I put it all towards poker, would put me at about 375 BB at 10/20, and I'm not comfortable with that. 10/20 is a much tougher game than 5/10, so I'd probably want more than 500 BB to make it my home. Should I take a 50 BB shot? Well, hmmm. Honestly, variance has been less than kind to me lately, so it's trained me to think that that 50 BB would be lost quickly before I could recover and start winning again at 10/20.

Probably the biggest reason for me not to, though, is that I plan to spend the next couple months getting back into NL. I'm mostly just not interested in taking a shot at 10/20 instead of taking up NL. Now, after a couple months, and especially if I add some winnings to my roll, we'll see about looking up 10/20. If that's the case, though, I'll either have some NL winnings to add to my roll and to use to take a shot, or else my confidence will once again be shot and I'll want to play some 5/10 to recover any losses before even considering it.

OziBattler 08-03-2007 09:19 AM

Wook, when you want to take a shot at 10/20 or hit the highstakes NL tables...just aim me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

boss 08-03-2007 10:49 AM

Am I missing a value bet somewhere in this hand??! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...es/diamond.gif, 8 http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...iles/spade.gif
2 folds[/i]</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 2http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...miles/club.gif, 3http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...iles/spade.gif, 5http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...es/diamond.gif (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls, Hero calls

Turn: (4.75 BB) Qhttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...es/diamond.gif (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (4.75 BB) Khttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/...miles/club.gif (4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

Results
<font color="white">
SB: shows 6s, 7d
Hero: shows 9d, 8s and won with high card King
CO: mucked 8d, 6d
Button: mucked 9c, 6h </font>

OziBattler 08-03-2007 10:55 AM

this made me LOL so hard. UTG is laggy and LRR is a 18/8 stars regular (who sucks postflop) and I really have no [censored] idea what he LRR and folded. me ftw.

Ozi fancy pants &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; random loser fancy pants

the one thing I love about CRing at 0,5/1 at stars is that people ALWAYS assume you have the nuts so if you get 3 bet you know EXACTLY where you are at. harhar

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Wetdog 08-03-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
iPhone. Bitchin car stereo. GPS dohickey for my bike. New Bike. 20 shares of AAPL. Cruise to Alaska. <font color="orange"> B </font> <font color="blue"> R </font> <font color="orange"> O </font> <font color="blue"> N </font> <font color="orange"> C </font> <font color="blue"> O </font> <font color="orange"> S </font>tickets. Bowling ball. One less credit card. New camera. New lenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

NIX 08-03-2007 11:39 AM

Sustainable?

http://people.clarkson.edu/~schaefjr/images/080207s.jpg

BigBadBabar 08-03-2007 11:44 AM

win more at showdown

KingOtter 08-03-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about how much the hotel + tickets to Disney World would cost for a family of 4.

I might do one of those poker boot camps if it were just me. There's one on a cruise coming up.