Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL: 4th Nuts on river, call or fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557901)

Check_The_Nuts 11-30-2007 11:13 AM

25NL: 4th Nuts on river, call or fold?

Villian is 16/12/2. Seems very straightforward, doesn't get out of line often, etc. Minraise preflop was a multitabling error, I was on 10 tables and about to time out with AA and KK on two of my tables, and the pot button didn't click thru in time.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $62.55
Hero (UTG): $25.40
MP: $25
CO: $36.15
BTN: $30.45
SB: $24.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4

River: ($16.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $12</font>

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 11:15 AM

Re: 25NL: 4th Nuts on river, call or fold?

i'd rather push than fold. i still kinda want to push. But I'd never fold here.

Lego05 11-30-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd rather push than fold. i still kinda want to push. But I'd never fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

LT22 11-30-2007 11:20 AM

check/call turn, lead river?
way confused by his line

You're missing out on value if u don't shove

Check_The_Nuts 11-30-2007 11:20 AM

to you guys who are calling, wtf do you beat on the river that he plays each street like that?

Lego05 11-30-2007 11:22 AM

KT, random T's, random K's; basically everything except a random 8; he doesn't have KK and TT is somewhat unlikely.

BTW what's with the minraise pre-flop?

Check_The_Nuts 11-30-2007 11:26 AM

10 tabling dude. Barely have enough time to hit a button on every table. At the time I think I had a tough hand on another table (as in it took &gt;3 seconds to figure out what to do) so I started timing out. Of course I get delt AA/KK on two of my tables....haha...

jasonfish11 11-30-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I get delt AA/KK on two of my tables....haha...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey complain about it. lol. I had 4 tables the other day with AA at each. I wanted to print screen but didnt. I lost 2 of them to underpairs and didnt get any money from the other 2.

But that is a very odd line from this guy. I think Id shove but with his line I wouldnt be too surprised to see a random 8 here.

Lego05 11-30-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10 tabling dude. Barely have enough time to hit a button on every table. At the time I think I had a tough hand on another table (as in it took &gt;3 seconds to figure out what to do) so I started timing out. Of course I get delt AA/KK on two of my tables....haha...

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to play fewer tables IMO.

Check_The_Nuts 11-30-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to play fewer tables IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah I killed playing 10 tables of 25NL. There really isn't much hard thinking down there. Maybe the occasional tough hand but not really. I got some bet pot scripts and whatnot to help out now.

On to the hand. I didn't even think about KT. After looking at the hand again turn should definitely be $6 not $4. At the time I thought the turn bet was pretty thin (is he really going to call a bet on the turn with AT?). I guess its possible if he peeled KT on the turn then I got him on the river.

My two biggest problems with this are (1) $12 river bet is pretty big, but I'd expect AK to call it. Still, QQ/JJ probably won't call that river bet. (2) With his line I can basically rule out a complete bluff.

Not to mention half potting the turn on whiffed AK would be unusual as a bluff.