Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I fold TP vs LAG. ok? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422381)

Oink 06-07-2007 04:44 PM

I fold TP vs LAG. ok?

Villain is LAGGY, something like 45/25. No other reads, but he seemed bad.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero folds...?

Bonus question: is it ok to just call the flop? The pot is tiny but the board is pretty drawy. Dunno which is most important.

jstill 06-07-2007 04:47 PM

Re: I fold TP vs LAG. ok?

i was gonna say just call the flop, CO still makes a mistake calling with a gutshot IMO and u never drive out a better draw than that. not sure im rite tho.

u can fold as played pretty safely in my honest opinion even aganst a 45/25

yourface 06-07-2007 04:50 PM

before even reading the hand I thought "no"

and now that I've read the hand, I still think no. the turn brings like a bajillion pair+draw hands that he can be semibluffing.

as for the flop I would raise here too, but I'm sure that calling has some merit in this tiny pot

danzasmack 06-07-2007 04:52 PM

nonononono

If i'm gonna fold to a c/r i'm gonna check behind which i'm not gonna do so i'm not gonna fold to a c/r

I just call any river here, except a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which i fold

BigBadBabar 06-07-2007 04:54 PM

ew no

Oink 06-07-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nonononono

If i'm gonna fold to a c/r i'm gonna check behind which i'm not gonna do so i'm not gonna fold to a c/r

I just call any river here, except a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which i fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually never fold here. But since it was a smallish pot and that turn helped a lot of hands he would donk with I figured I could fold.

BTW I hated myself when I did it.

Oh, and I would never check behind on this board, dunno if thats a mistake...

jstill 06-07-2007 04:59 PM

i could def be wrong but i dont think people bluff like this enough where it warrants a calldown (bet and get raised and cr a turn with what they figure to be the worst hand). I base that simply on the times I come across a laggy player and calldown a cr here with TPGK and a flush redraw, or two pair or a set or whatever, its hardly ever like Ad6 Ad7 9d8 cuz noone donks that 3 ways or cr's it after u raise the flop often enough where the parlay they did both is a huge concern.

maybe im way off, just my experience tho.

WildJack 06-07-2007 05:11 PM

I like you play, though calling it down is close in my opinion. Think it is very read dependent, so hard to come up with a perfect line.

pegboy 06-07-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your rule for this hand or every hand? There are plenty of circumstances where it is correct to fire on the turn yet fold to a check-raise. I believe this is one of those times. Top pair weak kicker is often way behind and drawing slim to dead here. Often enough to fold. But I like the turn bet. It gets you plenty of free showdowns.

ILOVEPOKER929 06-07-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bonus question: is it ok to just call the flop? The pot is tiny but the board is pretty drawy. Dunno which is most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop is my standard play here. I believe raising the flop is a significant mistake in this spot.