Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Exposed 7th street in stud. What to do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=432278)

redfisher 06-21-2007 02:20 AM

Exposed 7th street in stud. What to do?

The dealer exposes a player's 7th street card in 7 stud. What should be done to correct this, if anything? If it matters, 2 of 7 down cards are dealt before the player's river is dealt up.

RR 06-21-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Exposed 7th street in stud. What to do?

The player receiving trhe up card has the option of declaring himslef all-in. If this had been the first down card then all the down cards would be dealt up.

redfisher 06-21-2007 02:25 AM

He can go all-in in a limit game?

Andy B 06-21-2007 02:26 AM

Seven to the showdown. My kind of game. "Shuffling the burns on table 9!"

In this scenario, everyone else gets their river card dealt face down. The player with the exposed card has the option to declare himself all-in for the existing pot, or he can choose to participate in the river betting.

If the first player had had his river card exposed, then all players would have their river cards dealt face-up and the river action would start with whoever was high on sixth street. This is the "fairest" thing to do. The reason they don't do this in all cases is that an unscrupulous (or careless) player in one of the first two slots might expose a card other than his river card.

This might vary from room to room, but I think the above is pretty standard.

Andy B 06-21-2007 02:30 AM

By "all-in" Randy means that he can act as though he's out of money and not have to call any bets on the river to be eligible for the main pot.

redfisher 06-21-2007 02:34 AM

Now it makes sense. Thanks Andy and RR.

TMTTR 06-21-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By "all-in" Randy means that he can act as though he's out of money and not have to call any bets on the river to be eligible for the main pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I get it. I always wondered about this "all-in" rule and it had been explained incorrectly to me before as an option to make an "all-in" bet. (I don't play straight stud, but had played an OE rotation on occassion...)

*TT* 06-21-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The player receiving trhe up card has the option of declaring himslef all-in. If this had been the first down card then all the down cards would be dealt up.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the WSOP the ruling was that all 7th street cards must be exposed and the betting proceeds. I thought that was a little odd, but a fair option.

RR 06-21-2007 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the WSOP the ruling was that all 7th street cards must be exposed and the betting proceeds. I thought that was a little odd, but a fair option.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, that is horrible. If peopel have already been dealt their 7th card down how do the intend to turn it up? Ask them to turn up the one they just received?

pfapfap 06-21-2007 11:17 AM

Agreed, that seems bizarre. Hadn't known of the "all-in" aspect before. I'll have to ask and see what our procedure is. I'm sure it's nothing at all like anything discussed here.