Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   i check and see, but do i like what i saw? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548191)

tyler_cracker 11-17-2007 05:31 AM

i check and see, but do i like what i saw?

i check the bb with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and we see the flop 6 ways.

* FLOP * J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players, 6 sb)
hero checks, esther (loose/weak) bets, LP calls, even L-er P-er calls, taggish guy raises, button folds, hero calls, everyone calls.

my first plan was to c/r a late position bet. when that didn't work, my new plan was to coldcall and donk a safe turn.

* TURN * 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players, 8 bb)
hero checks, esther donks, fold, fold, taggish calls, hero calls.

that's not a safe card, so no donk. i decide that a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or a T improves my hand sometimes, and i occasionally have the best hand or outs to a chop, so i call closing the action.

standard? awful?

kerowo 11-17-2007 07:46 AM

Re: i check and see, but do i like what i saw?

I hate when loose/weak players grow a pair and esther leading this flop then donking the turn screams out that you're probably not going to be good with a T high frush. If taggish had raised the turn it's an easy fold but it looks like your kind of tarped into seeing the river on this hand.

Niediam 11-17-2007 08:23 AM

I'm going to be surprised if most people don't think this flop is an easy fold (I like the check).

KaatzMeow 11-17-2007 10:02 AM

You are right, I fold the Flop and the Turn.

KitCloudkicker 11-17-2007 11:04 AM

i fold flop

Bona 11-17-2007 11:45 AM

I like your plan to cr because a lead isn't going to reduce the field with these players while facing 2 might.

On the turn the heart 6 is not exactly safe but it's not really a deal killer either like an A or K would be. We now have a decent chance of avoiding an OC river so calling (with I dunno 40-60% chance we are ahead?) keeps us in the game.

So I like your line OK but we could be facing a tough river decision depending on the card that hits and the villains actions. You should show us that decision.

bennyhana 11-17-2007 11:58 AM

I liked your first plan, but that didn't pan out did it?

Your new plan is ok, but can you fold the turn if necessary?

I think folding the flop when it is 2 back to you is best. Your hand is marginal and your draws are weak.

maverickai 11-17-2007 12:28 PM

The flop call gives you 5.5:1 pot odds. Tagg could be holding a top pair, better kicker than you, or a flush draw. Re-raising would be spewing, I would give about 4 outs on the flop. hmm... seems not enough to call the flop, and Someone possibly has you outkicked. Folding on flop is good?

BadBigBabar 11-17-2007 01:32 PM

tyler i'd have to go with kinda gross on this one

Bona 11-17-2007 01:47 PM

IMO implied odds in live poker have to bbe considered a little more generously than online. HOWEVER: The stakes and venue may change that. Since I only play with 3/6 "loosies" Tyler may have been in a different situation than that.

After looking again though I think calling 2SB on the flop was at least questionable. Even with enhanced implieds.